SAU Community

R32 Drive Train Problems

Hey guys... basically my car has started shuddering when driving at low rpm... sometimes in gear and sometimes when its out of gear. But when u speed up it almost fades into nothing.

The shuddering is coming from wat feels like directly underneath the gear stick.

There has been a new clutch installed about six months ago but only has been doing this more recently.

Everything else seems to be in order... just wondering if u guys have any ideas wat it would be.

any help is greatly appreciated

cheers

So it does it when you are rolling but not in gear? That pretty much rules out the clutch as an issue. What sort of speed are we talking? And can you confirm that it's speed and not rev related (get it up to the same speed but in a different gear and replicate)

If you are rolling out of gear, foot off the clutch and raise the revs does it go away or is it still there, same question with the clutch pushed in out of gear and in gear?

At this stage i think you may have an issue with the uv joint at the front of the tail shaft, or possibly the center bearing. It's a while ago now but a mate had a similar problem on his old bluebird which ended up being the center mount.

At a guess I would say check ur gearbox mounts and cross member bolts ,its not unusual for the bolts to be done up but not tightened up proberly and come loose or ur centre bearing for that matter

ok cool that gives me something to work with...

Well In first.. take off and they vibrations are small.. then they really become evident in second and third.. I put it back into neutral and it still vibrates.. i move the gear stick around in neutral with clutch in and it then goes away..

weird as...

In second and third as speed increases and revs increase the vibration is still there but dampened out a little...