SAU Community

Sos! Boost Problems

I really need some advice. I have a 99 R34 GT-t with the RB25DET Neo motor. Pretty well stockers as far as I can see (apart from a stack of Nismo gear that was installed when I bought it). Just recently I;ve noticed an increased drop in boost. Originally I noticed it as the BOV wasn't releasing as early as normal. Then I really noticed that the boost has dropped. (I have no boost adjuster fitted so no it's not that). There is also a noise that I'm sure didn't exist before coming from the vicinity of the turbo (like resistance in turning). However I was advised that generally if the turbo had shit itself that it would be leaking oil (not sure how correct that is). The car has only done 70000km and for the past year that I have owned it I have driven it without pushing it extremely or often. What are your thoughts and what are my options.

Okay. We've discovered a little more to the problem. There is oil all through the intake air hoses right back to the PCV hoses. Could these problems be related to a buggered PCV? If so how do you change the PCV on this model