SAU Community

Need Help Installing A Boost Controller R34

sunnycoast

Hi,

I cant figure out how to install my GFB boost controller.... It seems that there are extra boost lines running into the power steering pump and i am somewhat confused. It it were a RB25DET non Neo engine i would be fine....but the Neo 6 is something completely different.

Any r34 owners out there that may be able to assist me please? I am sure someone has installed a boost controller on a R34 Neo motor... Perhaps even a photo of ur setup and i will just duplicate it.... anything..... please... :D

Appreciate your time.

Chris

Edited by SunnyCoast

find a line before the wastegate actuator.. plumb in before that.. aslong as the only line to the wastegate is in the path of the boostcontroller ull be fine.

Plenum/cooler piping vacuum line > boost controller > waste gate actuator.. :D

find a line before the wastegate actuator.. plumb in before that.. aslong as the only line to the wastegate is in the path of the boostcontroller ull be fine.

Plenum/cooler piping vacuum line > boost controller > waste gate actuator.. :D

Thanks for the reply. I do understand what you have written above, and i did that on my last car.... the only thing (problem) i am having at the moment is the weird hose running to the power steering pump...its T-Peiced into the boost solenoid for some reason.... I just dont want to remove it or cut it if it is there for some reason...and i think it is.

Any further ideas?

Thanks

hmm turbocharged power steering :D thats new

I am serious..... dead set....no idea what would happen if i pulled it off....and i am not about to try doing it.

Someone must own an R34 on this forum and has installed a boost controller....someone...anyone...

Cheers.

yes the R34 do have that.. disregard that.. thats just a vacuum line to the PS pump from the throttle body from memory.. just plumb it in before the wastegate and from a line from the throttle body.. we didnt touch the PS pump lines..

if ur southside of brisbane i could give u a hand if u need.

but ur name suggest other wise.

are you talking about the electronic stock boost solonoid next to the power steer pump resovoir ? diconnect both , wack ur GFB controller in between as Marki has suggested..

P.S i have a GFB controller as well post up the pics tonite when i get home :P

Edited by 53XYN

are you talking about the electronic stock boost solonoid next to the power steer pump resovoir ? diconnect both , wack ur GFB controller in between as Marki has suggested..

P.S i have a GFB controller as well post up the pics tonite when i get home :P

Thank you so so so so so so so so so much :domokun: I really appreciate the help guys. looking forward to seeing the pics and getting this controller installed. You've made my day. - If your ever up on the Sunshine Coast, i'm buying you a drink. :P

SAU ROCKS!!!!

Chris

sorry to kidnap the thread, but i noticed wehn i put in my front mount, that their was a vacuum line running from the intercooler pipe, down the front and into something... i just T'd this off onto a nother vacuum line as the new piping didnt have this attachmet..

have i dont this right?

sorry to kidnap the thread, but i noticed wehn i put in my front mount, that their was a vacuum line running from the intercooler pipe, down the front and into something... i just T'd this off onto a nother vacuum line as the new piping didnt have this attachmet..

have i dont this right?

yes it is

basically u have 2 or 3 from the throttle that should be linked to the charcoal can and the turbo but it will not be a line that would lead to the intake pipe etc.. if u t piece any of them any that have charged air or a vacuum ull be fine. i personally do it that way. or... on the Neo engine right next to the acc valve ther is a bunged off line that is used for the map sensor on the RB20 engines. u can use that for ur boost gauge as it will give the most accurate reading.

emailed you some pics as well bud..

P.S hybrid cooler kit for the 34 has a vaccum line input where the stock one goes i believe its a vaccume return hose?

return hose is that what we call it on the nissan side.. we called it charged and negative. some crap like that lol..

hybrid kits are ok.. too exy for not much more than a GKtech kit and just shy of a TRUST spec kit.. not worth it imo.

HD industries have a nice new kit out :thumbsup: delta fin core (same as what i have on the type x.. none of this crappy bar and plate poop)

i was looking at my r34 as im going to get a boost controller. ive done a r33 bc, the connection on those is on the cooler pipe which goes to the plenum & the other on the wastegate. i noticed on the neo however stock the connection is not on the cooler pipe its plugged into the pipe right near the turbo which makes its way to the intercooler.... so does it still work all the same??

well just like marki said the PS vaccum line wack a T pce in there to plumb it back into the vaccum line .. then wack the boost controller between the wastegate line as pictures..

i dont want to T off the ps vacuum..the stock set up isnt coming from that...... i see the wastegate/actuator connection in the pic........ now for the other connection to manifold ic piping will it be alrite to connect to how the stock one connects???... even easier would it work if u removed the two hoses which go in to the stock solinoid and plug it up there leaving the t piece and other connection in place??

Edited by rgr34