SAU Community

Dr30 Power Steering

j_ priseman

Hey guys am in the process of converting my dr30 from fj20 to rb25, i am in 2 minds to whether i can actualy be bothered mucking around with the power steering stuff as they are on apposing sides, Just wanted to know how do people with no power steering, steering boxs go? are they massivly heavy to drive and control (I only use mine on the track)

I had and rb20 r31 and the belt slipped off once and farking hell its was night mare to drive, will the r30 be the same?

cheers josh

post-10063-1185676040_thumb.jpg

with the extra weight of the RB it will be quite heavy un-assisted. but as it's a track only car you could try to find a quick-rack non-power rack. but...still be a tad heavy. go to a rally/motorkhana/sprint meet and ask the owners of said cars and ask them what they did, is it better..did they find a compromise...etc.. good luck.!

good luck with the conversion josh!

ive driven a non-power steer R30 with a RB30 in it... was ok in a straight line... but it was a BITCH in corners and parking, getting onto a trailer etc.

i suggetst goeetin some custom lines made by ENZED or similar... its well worth it.

cheers,

Andrew

mines a 1982 HR30 non powersteering model and its not that heavy in the steering department and i have an rb20det in there so won't be to different to the rb25det i'd say?

i also think you'll find its just the power steering pump thats on the other side and that the lines connect about the same place as the r31. maybe look an getting custom lines made if you want to keep the PS or use an r31 pump and lines??

Edited by rsx84