SAU Community

Oil Cooler Recomendations

hey guys,

i have a rb25det with a few mods, (fmic- exhaust - ecu - gtrs turbo, Fuel pump, 555 injectors and a few other bits and pieces). its being tuned atm and looks like ill be making around 260rwkw, my question is do i need an oil cooler and if so what size and brands would you recomend,

any feed back would be very helpful and appreciated,

Thanks,

Damo

Whatever you do dont buy a cheap e-bay one like I did with anodized hose fittings that last a couple of weeks before breaking dumping oil everywhere. Then cost a fortune to replace as they are some crazy sise. I am getting too old and CHEAP. Buy a brand name one like GREDDY and save all the hassels.

you wont need an oil cooer if you have no plans on hitting a track..

it will just be another thing that can go wrong.

although if u are, i have a justjap 34 row and i got some custom braided lines made up at pirtek and used a Earls billet sandwich plate.

last time i was at EC my oil temps didnt go above 120

i chose the cooler + thermo stat as i do a hell of a lot of track drifting + circut. thermostat was a nec as i also drive on the street and its freezing here in the adelaide hills so i dont want to over cool the oil.

How does a thermostat help to keep your oil warm?

I agree, a thermostat is a prerequisite for an oil cooler. If you don't have one the motor will take ages to get up to operating temperature.

If i have an unknown brand aftermarket radiator on my R34GTT, will the Nismo thermostat fit?

As i have an GREDDY Oil cooler as well.

You're way off track mate, We're talking about OIL thermostats not water thermostats, And the nismo waster thermostat should fit no worries.

LOL, thought something was wrong.

I may need to source one of these then.

Wouldn't happen to have the part no. on you by any chance?