SAU Community

Just Had My Brakes Done.

KeeFy

Just had my brakes done at Perth Race brake, and i have to say, i'm super happy with the kind of care and attention Niel pays to his work. Top bloke!! I highly recommend him to anyone who needs to get their brakes done. And his prices are reasonable!!

cant agree more Neil is a tops bloke and knows what he's talking about! goin to fit some custom braided lines i had him make for me tonight :)

ps it's actualy just Race Brakes phone number is 9390 0183 and unit 5/10 gillam drive kelmscott its best to call and arrange a time to go in because he's a one man show.

rofl. anyway, new brake pads, flush, and soon dba 4000 rotors. Nothing impressive mate. So not much of a setup !! hahahahaha.

I had my old brakes replaced about 4k ago, and the workshop that did it, screwed me around. When i tap my brakes the steering wheel will get a shudder, only when tapping. And it braked like a sissy, although the workshop guranteed me that it's made of kevlar bla bla bla.. stops better than most pads. #@$@#$, it cause a minor accident with an evo 9 resulting in 2k repairs. And then the workshop claimed i can't drive, that's the reason why i can't stop in time. WTF. Best thing is, if i remember correctly, the gts-t brakes came with shim plates. The workshop prolly threw it away, and my brakes squeal like a pig too.

My originals Trav.

Keefy, that sux mate, did the workshop fit the rotors as well? or is this prior to your work at Perth Race Brake? The squealing will be the pads, thats typical of brand new pads. If you change the pads when you get DBA4000's go for either Green Stuff or Ferodo.

Prior to Perth Race brakes. I've got Ferodos in them at the moment, so now just looking around for a new set of rotors. Neil has quoted me a decent price, so i'm going with him. The sqeual might be due to the absence of the shim plates. I need to go grab me a pair for the fronts. Nissan ones go for like $65. I wonder if i can get anything cheaper. Rofl.