SAU Community

A31 Digital Climate Control How To In Jap

1400r

thought you guys might be interested

pics arent great might see if Huddy or Jarrad is keen and they can scan it

unless everyone knows how to do it already?

post-15018-1187936090_thumb.jpg

Edited by 1400r

i bought an s13 digi climate control which had a loom modified to suit a31...

it works... however... not entirely

lights up... but temp control doesnt work

fan does... and everythingelse... just when i adjust the temp it doesnt go hot or cold... just stays cold

loom is dodgey

I've considered attempting this with either S13 or R32 digital units, but I just don't have the time at the moment, and a few other more important issues on my car have priority (suspension/brakes etc).

I'd be keen to see the article, even if just for the pinout diagrams

Edited by daisu

I've considered attempting this with either S13 or R32 digital units, but I just don't have the time at the moment, and a few other more important issues on my car have priority (suspension/brakes etc).

I'd be keen to see the article, even if just for the pinout diagrams

s13 is a lot closer match (in fact if you have the digital sub-loom, it looks like it'll plug in straight up)

r32 would be a lot of custom rewiring

Is the page blurry or is it the photo?

I can make out most of the writing, but 18, 19, 20 are a bit fuzzy, looks like CN2-13, CN2-8 and CN2-7 respectively. Please confirm?

The jap symbols next to 8 of the pins I'm assuming means not used (or nothing connected).

Though the symbols next to pin 1 I could hazard a guess it means something like wire to constant 12V or something.

Only other thing is you have to rewire a couple other points on the S13 to make it work, I'm could only assume something similar would have to happen in the cefiro.

Edited by daisu

daisu are you a wiring junky?

i have my loom here... as stated above i can adjust the fan control and it lights up and everything works... apart from aircon controls, alternating which type of setting the aircon is on (footwell, head, footwell/head/ etc) and the temp controls - dont work... obviously some wiring needs to be fixed

i could send it to you if you want to use it as something to work off and make a duplicate for yourself?

only condition is you fix mine so it works :D

Only problem with messing around trial and error with the digital units, is you can damage the circuitry, then you don't know if the wiring it incorrect or not. This happens on the S13s when people plug the digital unit into their unmodified analogue looms, it lights up, i'm not sure if you get fan control or not, but it also permanently damages one of the functions like fresh/recirc or something. I can't be stuffed looking at the S13 guide right now.

I think I'll try on my own loom first, then when I'm sure I know what I'm doing I'll let you know how to do it.

Either that or softy will do it :rofl:

Edited by daisu

• 3 years later...

Hi All, I have just purchased a Nissan Cefiro 92 and the auto climate control unit failed first day and is stuffed. Before getting online I found that my r32 digital climate control unit plugs in by two of the three Ceffy plugs, however as the cefiro has a third additional plug it obviously won’t work without mods.

I have read everything I can find however I am not getting much of an understanding as to what wires go where to convert the a31 auto climate to the r32 digital climate control unit.

Is there a post i have missed that outlines in English solder this colour wire to that spot???

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I got caught in the rain and the fan won’t go to demist mode + air con won’t turn on so it sucks.

Edited by pikie new account

daisu has repined and soldered his to work but he wont/cant post up the pin outs.... the japanese scans just confuse me every time i try to work it out :D

ca s13 unit will work

daisu has repined and soldered his to work but he wont/cant post up the pin outs.... the japanese scans just confuse me every time i try to work it out >_<

ca s13 unit will work

So i thought all s13 have 2 plugs not the three like i have on mine? have i missed some thing are ca 3 plug ?