SAU Community

250gt

anyone have any info on these

see they are a fair bit cheaper ( naturally ) than a 300/350gt

i know they use a 2.5l v6 , are a 4 speed auto and have roughly around 160kw

but what are they like compared to a 300/350 gt performance and handling wise ?

Regards

From the one's I have driven which is a lot the only difference with a 2.5 and 3.0 is the torque and being 4 speed auto when the 3.0 is 5 speed, driving wise aside from the extra power they are exactly the same and trim wise the 3.0 seems to be always middle or higher spec, have had 2.5's though fully trimmed in leather and so on.

3.5 is a big difference of course 8 speed but I had a 2005 350GT 4 door and they are back to 5 speed auto as per the first few they made with no paddle shift and that is the pick of them but of course the most expensive.

The 2.5 still gets along and the price difference is worth the little loss in hp but the fuel economy shits over the rest.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• Quoted for truth...... Says the Holden Commodore and Honda Accord owner,  although my opinion on what is cool and functional may irritate 99% of people, and that makes them even more so enjoyable 
    • B180 went in for a service. Pretty comfy sled for carting two little kids around with every conceivable electronic gadget and option being an AMG Line. The roof is 10cm taller than an A Class, other than that it's near identical. But it makes a world of difference trying to load a toddler into a rear facing car seat. The lane departure pre-emtive braking shits me though, the number of times it's had a false positive and just started applying the brakes while driving cos it got confused by a reflective road after rain.  
    • Hahaha cause I like it. I like how it looks, how it drives, I like the interior. I just dig it. I'm not being rational, I'm being irrational because I can be. I'm not aware of anything else out there, within my budget, that ticks the (irrational) boxes that this ticks. Since when has spending money and time on a car needed to make sense? This is my baby. I love it unconditionally.  
    • Look. I don't mean to be 'that guy'. But this quoted text, and the previous fixes make me wonder. WHY ARE YOU USING THIS PLATFORM? There are so many better options. Please tell us why anyone would persist with this platform given your use case for this car.