SAU Community

V35 250gt crank no start, no codes

I have a 250gt that I purchased cranking but not running as a bit of a project. I’ve checked the fuel pump, replaced the crank position sensor, and replaced the ecu. I have a spark plug tester and I can only ever get a tiny flash initially when I turn the key and then nothing. I don’t have any error codes on either ecu. I’ve also taken off the intake and watched the throttle body twitch and open slightly. I’ve also checked every fuse and relay and they’re all fine.

I haven’t taken off the plenum to check injectors yet because I want to try everything I can before I start pulling things apart. 

The previous owner said the car lost power suddenly while driving and didn’t start up again.

I figure if the car has bad spark, coil packs, injectors, or crank/cam position sensors it would throw a code, and if it had a bad injector or a bad spark plug it wouldn’t shut off the whole engine, only start and run poorly. 

The cranking isn’t uneven or slow and the car has a good battery. Can anyone suggest anything? I’ve been at this a while and it’s really stumping me. 

Stop guessing and start properly checking.

It's such a bizarre thing to me to buy a car that doesn't work and not know what to do.

Proper diagnostic tool, proper oscilloscope,  proper checking and verifying.

Random part swaps and expecting codes won't do it bro

• Like 1