SAU Community

Quick Question

Adz2332

If you keep your GTST, just make sure you get the vented bonnet and flared guards, before you get it dyno'ed! They help :ninja:

No really: think about what you have to drive every day. I could have bought an older GTR for what I paid for my R33 GTST, but I like climate control and 1/100th of the road noise etc. Plus if this car really IS stock as a rock, you should probably replace ALL the suspension bushes and stuff (like 2K worth) because if they are the original items, they will be p1ss p00r by now! Having said that, I've gotta replace my cradle bushes cos they are already shot (which surprised my mechanic) :rant:

Think about this: can ANYONE on this forum honestly say they bought a skyline (ANY vintage) and didn't have to spend more than just a few hundred bucks on it within the first year? DON'T buy a car if it's gonna leave you with nothing. Maybe it's better the devil you know :)

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you keep your GTST, just make sure you get the vented bonnet and flared guards, before you get it dyno'ed! They help :ninja:

No really: think about what you have to drive every day. I could have bought an older GTR for what I paid for my R33 GTST, but I like climate control and 1/100th of the road noise etc. Plus if this car really IS stock as a rock, you should probably replace ALL the suspension bushes and stuff (like 2K worth) because if they are the original items, they will be p1ss p00r by now! Having said that, I've gotta replace my cradle bushes cos they are already shot (which surprised my mechanic) :rant:

Think about this: can ANYONE on this forum honestly say they bought a skyline (ANY vintage) and didn't have to spend more than just a few hundred bucks on it within the first year? DON'T buy a car if it's gonna leave you with nothing. Maybe it's better the devil you know :)

yer thats true.. i dunoo would like to upgrade the gtst to 270kws and then drive a 250kw gtr and see what i prefer

Maybe just spend the money on the GTST until your happy with it.

Then save up some more cash, sell the GTST and get a really good GTR from Japan, something thats already been moddd slight, maybe bigger cooler, exhaust, bigger turbos.

All you would need then would be a tune and away you go.

Bit more information to confuse the shit out of you. :ninja:

Maybe just spend the money on the GTST until your happy with it.

Then save up some more cash, sell the GTST and get a really good GTR from Japan, something thats already been moddd slight, maybe bigger cooler, exhaust, bigger turbos.

All you would need then would be a tune and away you go.

Bit more information to confuse the shit out of you. :ninja:

yer gee thanks thats exactly what i want more confusion...

say i do upgrade the GTST and the internals let go, what would i be up for $$wise?

yer gee thanks thats exactly what i want more confusion...

say i do upgrade the GTST and the internals let go, what would i be up for $$wise?

Probably be cheaper just to buy another RB25 bare motor, anything from $1000 - $1800.

There is no reason the motor should let go, unless your clueless and run stupid amounts of boost on stock ECU, or don't service it regularly etc..

Just make sure whatever you do to it, you get a good tune done!

If for some reason it does let go, you'de be looking at spending about 2 - 3k and get a forged motor done, depends how forged you go internally, (eg: rods, & pistons, or just pistons)

Edited by abu

If for some reason it does let go, you'de be looking at spending about 2 - 3k and get a forged motor done, depends how forged you go internally, (eg: rods, & pistons, or just pistons)

i already have a power fc and controller and its always tuned by boostworxs.

Mate,

THERE IS NO SUBSTITUTE.

GT-R.... YOUknowit makes sense......... you'll always think at the back of your mind... IF ONLY I had got a GT-R.

KW's are one thing, being able to use them is another.

GT-R, designed to be driven.

Mate,

THERE IS NO SUBSTITUTE.

GT-R.... YOUknowit makes sense......... you'll always think at the back of your mind... IF ONLY I had got a GT-R.

KW's are one thing, being able to use them is another.

GT-R, designed to be driven.

hmmm yer

yer thats the other prob hate the dark grey colour of this car!

what turbo would i need to look at to push high into the 270kw mark?

Its a daily driver so less lag the better. and i want it to last so ball bearing would be good.

cost??

what turbo would i need to look at to push high into the 270kw mark?

Its a daily driver so less lag the better. and i want it to last so ball bearing would be good.

cost??

GT30R

GT3540

Either of those should do it.

Edited by abu