SAU Community

Series 2 Dayz Front Bar

joe26f

Yeah little old Adelaide as well! :D

Never heard of a Dolphin kit before... The kit - especially with the eye lids added is why I bought this car over others.

Strange thing is - I never thought I would ever own a wagon - nor a white car - and now I have both in one!! (Well pearl - but close enough)

I have now Got a couple of kids so I had to go something larger, past cars included a FTO, 300ZX TT and my current daily is a red GTS-T R33 coupe - hence the need to upgrade size wise to a wagon!

hahaha cute - sorry to go off topic - but I want one!! :P

fuj03710.jpg

Amazing what a google search will turn up...

http://www.freeway-dolphin.co.jp/index.htm

Edited by ShadowKnyght

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wont be dissapointed dude. Ive got a white pearl Series 1, love it to death, 2 kids as well.... being tuned as we speak, 200awkw I hope.

on topic. Id suggest for someont to get moulds made up, start a small business, and take orders as they trickle in. only way about it I reckon.

Yeah little old Adelaide as well! :rofl:

Never heard of a Dolphin kit before... The kit - especially with the eye lids added is why I bought this car over others.

Strange thing is - I never thought I would ever own a wagon - nor a white car - and now I have both in one!! (Well pearl - but close enough)

I have now Got a couple of kids so I had to go something larger, past cars included a FTO, 300ZX TT and my current daily is a red GTS-T R33 coupe - hence the need to upgrade size wise to a wagon!

hahaha cute - sorry to go off topic - but I want one!! :wacko:

fuj03710.jpg

Amazing what a google search will turn up...

http://www.freeway-dolphin.co.jp/index.htm

dolphin R makes the best looking kit i thin. Their quality is top notch also the pricing.

some great examples of the S2 Dayz from this forum :D

Some more food for the thread:

waitakstag2.jpg

pihafront.jpg

waitakstag.jpg

waitakback.jpg

waitaktower.jpg

Thought I'd better add my contribution to the thread. :)

rs1bf5.jpg

hay guys new pics on the stagea

dsc01717ba4.jpg

i wish the previous owner kept the dayz kit on my car :D i love it

im sure that if we can get our hands on a dayz front bar for a week or so Andrew at CCubed could make a copy

Edited by Brycey

Well mines on offer boys, and you can take the rear bumper skirt thingy and get it copied too. It will hopefully be registered next week and be used as my daily, but if someone has a spare stock bumper i can wack on just to get around in the meantime etc, i would be quite happy to do that.

Perhaps i could even get it repainted while their at it :)

hmmm - I like those mags in the first shot - they look tuff from that profile - front on - not so sure though! - nice photo's by the way!

waitakstag2.jpg

I must say though - I think the Dolphin kit (now that I know that is what I have) is a far more... impressive shall we say, looking end result. but each to their own

It is fairly obvious though that both kits lend themselves to having a beefy intercooler installed... Might have to go get one... :)

Edited by ShadowKnyght

No more so how it frames the extra smaller lights, and has a more scoop like base section - more angular - and those extra holes... they just do something to the final impression... but that is down to taste - others may prefer the smoother lines of the dayz bar without the extra holes...

Aside from that there is not a huge difference between the two kits. - At least with the Dayz you can mount the number plate in the middle! :)

Although that does block a lot of the air flow to your intercooler - if you had one.

And no I don't have the car just yet so for all I know I may get it and go - holy f'k that is an ugly kit! >_<

The Dayz is a factory option, whats so special?

Just my opinion

looks a hell of a lot better then the standard one, gives it a more aggresive look about it. I think a factory GTR front end looks better then most after market kits for skylines too. The autech and dolphin front ends aren't my cup of tea,I believe the DAYZ is the best trade off with agressve looks and not making me stand out too much to the popo. I think its the best stagea specific series 2 front end, non stagea specific would be a R34 front end :)

the side skirts and rear bar are the same as the base factory S2, its just the front bar is completely different and the rear bar has the dayz skirt.. bolt on to any standard rear bar

alright well i just spoke to Andrew at CCubed, in order to make the mould for the front bar (providing that Yunis is still putting his bar up for offer for a couple of weeks), Andrew will need to take deposits of everyone interested to get the work underway.

so if your interested in getting a S2 Dayz front bar then PM me! if there are enough numbers then it will be no worries :P

havnt spoken to him about the rear skirt.. ill shoot off an email

Edited by Brycey

Yeh brycey, the bars on offer still as long as i get your silver bumper for the time the mould is being made :P

i'll let you boys sort out the numbers etc.. so just give me a holla when you want it.

Just a suggestion.. Is there any way that carbon fibre insert on some of the dayz bumpers can be copied too? (mine doesnt have this, but i think it looks great).

alright well i just spoke to Andrew at CCubed, in order to make the mould for the front bar (providing that Yunis is still putting his bar up for offer for a couple of weeks), Andrew will need to take deposits of everyone interested to get the work underway.

so if your interested in getting a S2 Dayz front bar then PM me! if there are enough numbers then it will be no worries :P

havnt spoken to him about the rear skirt.. ill shoot off an email

i think you will get more interest if people knew how much it was going to cost its no use saying who wants one if they gunna cost a heap.im interested but need to know at what price