SAU Community

All Sold, Sorry Guys

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a WARNING for everyone...

Two friends and I just got back from buying the Engine and Gearbox.

The story about who owns the car, what it's history is and where it came from CHANGED multiple times within a few hours while we were there.

I would say the car is DEFINATLY STOLEN AT SOME STAGE (not saying these guys did) because the vin numbers ect. have been grinded off and the car has been quickly resprayed with pressure pack's multiple times.

Their story first was that they bought it from a guy across Melbourne then the story changed to they imported it from Japan them self’s and that it was stolen and recovered within Japan, therefore unable to be complied.

THEY said on multiple occasions that it had NEVER EVER been registered or even complied in Australia. THE car had CLEARLY been complied because it had Side Intrusion bars fitted as well as a Fuel filler neck added AND HAD A NEW AUSTRALIAN VIN NUMBER STAMPED INTO THE TOP OF THE STRUT TOWER which was then ground off...

I've had 2 Skylines complied and striped multiple RB25's from R33's so I knew exactly what i was looking at.

Further more we had AGREED what EXACTLY WAS INCLUDED with the engine via PM's then again agreed outside their garage WHAT EXACTLY would been included once we removed the engine ect.

AS SOON AS they had OUR money in their hands they changed the agreement and wouldn't hand over the computer or airflow meter ect. Then just disappeared on us once they had us outside there Garage. They are now asking for MORE MONEY for those items.

FURTHER MORE the turbo was completely FU#KED and i would STRONLY recommend NO one buys it, as well as the shell of the car clearly having a VERY HARD life with the front end being welded BACK ON and some sections being REPLACED with steel plate. Also LODGED in the catalytic converter was the exhaust side of a previous turbo...

These guys were straight out dodgy characters and should not be trusted. AND for everyone's interest we DID get the POLICE involved.

Please take my warning, Cheers Everyone

Edited by R32Dreamer

For ppl reading the above post, I'd like to point out that this story has been completely falsified as retaliation for a dispute about price.

THE FACTS:

Guy contacts us, says he wants to come down from adelaide to look at car. He asks me if i still have the turbo, ECU and afm left, I say yes and that i will reserve them for him when he comes down to look at the car.

When we meet up, the guy makes up a storey that he thought the 1300 for rb25DET included turbo/ecu/afm. We tell him no way, 1300 is for the engine only as any reasonable person would expect. Anyways, he starts to have a cry so I reluctantly take 200 off the price of the engine since he has driven all the way from adelaide. (otherwise i wouldn't have) So basically hes getting an rb25DET for 1100 - a great deal in any1's books. So we pull the engine off and into his car. We also give him a cat, dump pipe, front pipe, induction pipe and rubber joiners for free (after the agreement).

We do the transaction, lockup and we all leave and every1 is happy. 30 min later he calls back saying he "forgot" the ecu and afm. I say to him that no, thats y i took 200 off the price. He says no it was part of the agreement. I said no, u have to pay extra for that. He says no i want it for free, i tell him to fu*k off and stop being a greedy c*nt, u got an engine for 1100 FFS.

He then started threatening to come to our house so I called the police. Fair enough I think.

Everything he is saying about the car is false. The turbo is NOT BLOWN, its got shaft play and i have already mentioned this on the post. Any1 who wants to buy it is more than welcome to come inspect it b4 buying.

The car is not stolen it is just not registable. It does not have side intrusion bars as they allege, and the front half has NOT been welded.

Plz PM me for any further queries regarding this matter.

Edited by Taso84

WOW!!! What a story. Why would i need to make anything up about the situation since we are now long and gone in Adelaide and are never going to see you again.

But for everyone else here is a copy of the PM that we exchanged...

Hey mate,

I'm interested in the gearbox and possibly the engine.

I'm in Adelaide so i needed some questions answered before making the drive down to posibly buy them.

First one is What is included with the engine? i.e. turbo, wiring loom, afm, computer, flywheel, clutch ect.?

What was the car used for?

What condishion is the gearbox in? Was it crunching gears or hard to shift ect.?

and Can i grab your phone number so i can ring you about it?

Cheers

With the engine and gearbox I an include all the above + any extra parts you need (Still have alot of parts lying around) in a bundle for a good deal.

Car was imported for track use but never got around to it due to a recent job offer in sydney. Selling parts now for extra cash

Gearbox is working, done 115xxx kms, gears are smooth, but 3rd gear has slightly more resistance, only sometimes noticeable when oil is cold.

Phone number is: XXXX XX XX XX

Cheers mate

Also this was sent asking about the exact items in question...

Hey mate,

Just noticed someone asking about the Computer ect. and I was just hoping you wouldn't sell items such as that and the others I listed to do with the engine as they are what we would want to come with the engine.

Cheers

We'll reserve the items for u mate, dont worry about it.

Now fair enough we admit that $2200 is quite cheap for a RB25 and gearbox but we believe price represented quality and considering what was missing.

The engine had been attacked with a spray can whilst in the car and complete, whick made it look like crap.

Was missing many items such as the Turbo, crossover pipe, bov, inlet pipe, valley cover and the gear lever.

It was in Generally bad condishion with the sump bashed in, snapped oil level stick, very worn and thick oil, damage to the timing cover, chipped section of the harmonic balencer and ALOT of metal shavings in the gearbox.

Also because the engine couldn't be run and we couldn't shift any gears we were VERY weary of them so the price was fitting of the condishion and situation.

Also not once in our attempts to contact them did they answer. They finally rang us once the police rang them, when we shared our concerns.

We also never threatened them, Just offered to drive to their house to collect the other items AFTER we offered them MORE money for the parts.

You be your own Judge of the situation but please be very weary buying anything from them...

Cheers Guys

Edited by R32Dreamer

I have to agree with R32Dreamer and could validate his concerns, as i too have seen the car.

I didn't take action as the Police would require proof before they could do anything about it. Something is definitely not right with the car and Taso84's story.

R32Dreamer: If you knew the car may have been stolen, why buy the engine?

Surely if it has been stolen, you'll need to give the engine to the police :) . Have you done a check with VICroads or RAWS using the engine number on the block?

I dont get it, y do pple automatically think a car is stolen just coz its recieved a paint job. I have papers proving that it was purchased legitimately but why should i have to prove that to u or any1 else. You never expressed concerns at the time. I take great offence to people calling me a thief or dodgy. What ever happened to presumption of innocence.

And AL, why would u just assume "something is not right" about my story. I am just explaining what happened. R32dreamer stop crying like a baby. You lyed to us from the very start and then got pissed off when we didn't go along with it.

I'm sorry that u drove from adelaide, but i think it should have been ur responsibility to clarify exactly what was included for $1300. I simply answered ur questions. I mean, y would i list the turbo, ecu and afm as seperate items if they were included as part of the 1300 engine?

Im glad u posted up the PM's for every1 to make their own judgement.

Take particular notice of

With the engine and gearbox I an include all the above + any extra parts you need (Still have alot of parts lying around) in a bundle for a good deal.

"In a bundle for a good deal does not imply FREE" mate. If ur were unsure what a "good deal" meant i think u should have made efforts to contact us and clarify. Regardless, of this, I still gave u $200 off the price which i shouldn't have, and now u still want more! Mate get a life, its a AFM and ECU FFS. You guys a fuc*ing cheap skates.

Just coz you don't get ur way doesnt mean u have to resolve to tactics like saying the car is stolen, which is quite defamatory and very immature.

Anyways, uve hijacked this topic, if u'd like to discuss further, PM me or start a new topic

For every1 else, I assure u the car is NOT STOLEN, yes its had a paint job but so have alot of cars that are not stolen.

Lots of parts still for sale, prices have been slashed, 1st in best dressed, no more reserving of parts.

cheers