SAU Community

Carbon Bonnet On R34

wudi

I've got a CF bonnet on mine and when I took it over the pits with it on there was no complaint and the car passed fine.....it wasn't stickered though....i was just transfering the rego from NSW plates....but ive been pulled over since and never been had for it.....although my car is gunmetal and it blends in quite nicely.

In hindsight though I probably wouldn't have bought one....only reason I got it was because I wanted more cooling with the vents for track days.

But cops can give you a yellow for just suspecting that there is something illegal about the car.....the fact that everything i have done (apart from the bonnet) has been very understated..(painted black etc) has helped me a lot when pulled off the road for simply driving.....when they crack open the bonnet all they see is a very stock looking engine bay and they forget all about the bonnet.....I don't have pods, I only have a black R32 GTR cooler with black piping, no polished anything, no bright coloured hoses, a very understated muffler etc

If the car is a colour that clearly shows the bonnet then I would probably steer clear of it.

how much was the east bear one?

the nismo one i got which i'm sure you know of weighs 6kg and cost just under $6k looks the shit though...

Looking at the standard of your 13, just farkin DO IT! When you get stickered then paint it! Its what i did back in the day to the 33R

Edited by GT51R

Not sure on the cost as it was on the car Nathan but I'd hazard guess it was a heap cheaper! For example the east bear carbon fibre undertray costs $5k whereas the Nissan factory one or the GTR is supposed to be $13k!!!

I'm over worrying about it now haha

• 1 month later...

contact the DPI man, there is ther only way to know for sure, they'll probably have to research n get back to you.

ask to speak to the technical department, they'll know if you can "get away" with it or not

but regardless, if you get pulled over by police, and they deem it as illegal they give you the yellow sticker within their rights and you still have to get the car inspected, which is still a pain in the butt