SAU Community

Ecu Replacement Question.

FelixTRX

Hey all,

Mate of mine and i were talking today about the fuel economy of the Stagea, and the fact that the R33 Skyline has a better state of factory tune than the Stagea.

Then he asked me if the ECU from a R33 automatic Skyline be able to installed into the Stagea.

I just don't know!!

Also, while I have your attention, I've asked Sam (Dr Drift) about retuning our factory ECU and he has quoted around $1300. My wife didn't like the thought of spending that much money, but then I had another idea. My R31 wagon (RB20DET Silvertop) has a SAFC2 fitted. Can we just move the SAFC2 from my car into the Stag, then get the R32 ECU chipped in my car.

Thanks for you time, and constructive comments.

Cheers, Greg.

The ECU isn't quite the same as a R33

the ecu would be closer to a R32 GTS-4, (R33 GTS-4 was NA only) but it shares the engine management, albeit with a different tune, with the R33, but for some reason the plug and pinouts are the same as a R34. If you are willing to put a new plug on the loom I suppose anything is possible, I would just put the SAFC2 on the std Stagea ECU and go from there.

*disclaimer* all the above is S1 only. (the limit of my experience :dry: )

I went to see Dr drift a month or so back and was informed that he could do the ECU gig. It sounds like a great way to go.but the change over seems a pain...I dont drive my car much at the moment...maybe I could just give the ECU and wait...any idea of the time to have it done? From what I understand once done it gives total control of the ECU..I havent touched my car since I got it and think its time to give it a bit more grunt..this mod would be an all around bonus by the sound of it.

The turnaround is around 2 weeks, but I have a couple of changeoiver ECU's here for R33s. If you can get me the ECU numbers from your car, I can hunt down a standard ECU and send that away then swap with yours? Or we can even try the R33 ECU in your car, see if that works?

Sam.