SAU Community

Refitting A Stock Shifter R33

anomaly

i just got my new car, 1998 series 2 r33, and the guy had fitted a POS ebay short shifter, which constantly rattled like a bitch

so i figured i would follow this guide backwards, to put the stock shifter back on

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/in...c=21079&hl=

if you look at the 4th pic down, the original shifter appears to the held by the circlamp with the round ends, which is pushing against the pointy circlamp which is slotted in the groove

anyways, how the hell do you get the pointy circlamp into the groove? it seems impossible, is this how it is done or is there some trick or tool? has anyone done this before?

thanks

2 small screwdrivers. use the 2 cut outs on the side to get it in past the top of the hole then just progressively slide it down until it slips into the groove. I've done it once and it's a bit of a PITA but not too hard.

2 small screwdrivers. use the 2 cut outs on the side to get it in past the top of the hole then just progressively slide it down until it slips into the groove. I've done it once and it's a bit of a PITA but not too hard.

yeh i managed to do that it was real easy actually, thanks for your help

the only thing is... now ive got the stock shifter in, however it is as loose as hell, and im not sure if there is something i have missed out or something wrong, like it seems to engage in gears properly, it just moves probably 5 cm up, down, left, right even when its in gear

any ideas wat ive done wrong???... its drivable just feels like shit, it looks like its time to get someone who knows wat they are doing to look at it :nyaanyaa:

thanks

have you got all the bits in there and the little cap on the end of the shifter? The link you have shows all the bits you should have. If you have them all and it's still loose then i'm at a loss