SAU Community

Another one bites the dust!

Steve

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well there is away around all that, get a pre 1976 car like i did, u can mod it all u want and they cant touch u for shit. 3 ADRs on the compliance plate and thats it :] New cars r very hard to modify legaly cause of the ADRs therefore u r stuck paddling upstream with a broken paddle. I reason why i dont own a Skyline although i would like to , spending all that money only to get defected all the time doesnt appeal to me. I had my car 15 years and never been defected. If u build it legal and to comply with ADRs u wont have a prob unless u smart mouth the cops. Go the old Holden Muscle cars. OOps this is a skyline forum. :]

GTR King, owning a Holden would properlly help escape the net of the authorities. I feel that cops are targetting people with imports in general and constantly harrasing them because they own one. I've been pulled over twice, not because I was driving like a wanker but 'random' check according to the traffic police. First time round was one week after it was registered on the road after having passed regency. Second time round was when I was parked in a street.

Hey guys,

Personally i have never experienced a defect or similar...yet, but that probably due to the fact that my car is a sleeper (rock stock outside), however this really is just getting ridculous! One of the things said so far couldnt have been put any better

"Its just down right un-Australian"

Its just not the australia spirit! I mean its essentially racism, but for cars (probably a lil over the top but you get the idea), if you drive an import you will get targeted, otherwise your pretty much safe. I suggest that we all put our heads together an maybe write a letter to some news program or similar stating the problem and try to find answers to these questions. At least it will be in the public eye then. Because at the rate we are going, like Steve said "What's next? Any car that has any aftermarket parts fitted will be duely summonsed for an inspection?" and then we will have no chance at all!

Just on a final note i really dont get this logic (not your quote GTR King, but the ADR's):

" If u build it legal and to comply with ADRs u wont have a prob unless u smart mouth the cops"

Please tell me what is so illegal about putting a BOV on (you may say its increases the emmisions) but wouldnt you think that a pre 80's car (running LP) would be doing worse for the environment then a 90's (running ULP or PULP) model car with a BOV? I mean thats a tad excessive....how much extra emmisions can a BOV make when it only vents compressed air, and maybe a smidgen of oil???

" If u build it legal and to comply with ADRs u wont have a prob unless u smart mouth the cops"

if u built it legal to compley with ADRs u should have NO problems full stop ... screw the cops!!!! they are not the law, they just enforce it!!!!!

I feel that cops are targetting people with imports in general and constantly harrasing them because they own one.

Its simple if you own a car that is lowered big exhaust that you can fit your cat up etc.. you will get pulled over for a check.

My previous car was a VS V8 5 Speed Manual Commodore with IRS, SRS, ABS etc.. Tinted windows 16" VR GTS Mags, Bilstein Adj. Shocks, Big sway bars, Low Whiteline springs. 3.5" Exhaust with a 4" Tip & it was sherbrook green. No body kit just standard.

I was pulled over in that thing so many damn times it wasn't funny within 9 months of owning it.

It wasn't excessively loud nor did it drone in the car to give you an idea.

I have never been pulled over in the Skyline and i've owned it for close to 2 years. BUT it is stock height, the FMIC is a bar and plate so that I could fit it behind the stock bar (hidden) and still get decent cooling performance. The Exhaust I went to all the local Adelaide Turbo exhaust centers and they couldn't sell me an exhaust that didn't have a huge tip on the end.

So I had to go to D&T Performance exhaust and shell out $1700 for an exhaust that has a 3" tip.

So if your car looks like a boy racer car if you own a commodore or a import you will get harrased.

Once in the commodore I was pulled over I jumped out said to the cop hey how are ya what can I do for ya? and the cop walked over to the car checked out the ride height etc had a look inside the car and asked me straight out "where's your stash spot" I was like WTF? he then opened my glove box stuck his hand in behind all of the crap in there and pushed it on the floor.

I was silent, I wasn't mouthy just let him do his thing.

Another time i was asked if the car was mine. And another time my Girlfriend was driving and was pulled over same crap again checking the car over....

I have only been pulled over in my youth, now that I am an old bugger, it never happens. My car is lowered about 30mm, and the exhaust tip isnt small. I have a modified Trust front bar and veilside skirts.

Mates mother gets pulled over driving a 180sx, copper upon realising she was a mature lady, didnt even check anything, just let her on her way.

I think on the road it is definately a youth/attitude thing - but that doesnt make it right. And I still rekon it aint right to defect people (or more accurately demand a vehicle be submitted for inspeciton) via mail.

As hippy said, the cops are there to enforce the law, if no law has been broken, some poor guy just bimbeling along doing nothing in particular - and there are heaps here that have done nothing in particular to get pulled over, except drive a nice car - why in gods name to they get hasseled and perhaps defected because the copper thinks something 'may' not comply - time for accountability, if something isnt illegal there should be room for recourse!!!!

Perhaps more time should be spent noticing shit boxes, less time drooling over the imports they wish they could own, but never have - then defecting on the off chance. I would like to know how much is jealousy? Who wouldnt like to own a really nice looking car, that handles well, goes well and looks great?

Sux big ones.

What is wrong with the world, should be getting bonus demerits for decorating what would otherwise be bland and boring streets...ok went a bit overboard with the last one hehehe

Originally posted by hippy

btw which sileighty is urs?? i want one  :wave: .. has it got a s15 front??  ;)

Nah mines just a normal s13 front, i live in ACT so i dont think you would have seen it around, you might have i dont know, but its black, white bonnet, FMIC, big exhaust and stock evertyhing else (on the outside) except the upgraded brakes and s14/R33 rims.

hey with the ways things are going,

wouldn't you guys be worried about putting ur car in the Autosalon?

I wonder if the Regency boys dare to come around and defect people there. I like to see if they get out of there alive or not .

hhhaaahhhhh so much hatre in my comment......I need to go for a spin.

Well I should eat my friggin words...... :)

I was hassled today for no god damn reason.

Just up near the Southern Express way exit near woodcroft way.

I was accelerating from the first set of lights to the second set of lights heading south.

The second set of lights always go red on you if you don't accelerate a little harder than normal.

The EL Ford in front of me accelerated hardish.

I took it easy in first made maybe 2 psi of boost then clicked second and made 12psi and rev'd to 4500rpm (the ford was still pulling away), as I changed in to third it went psshhhh as the standard bov and the standard Airbox does.

The lights went red the ford stopped, I stopped behind him and the other cars behind me were right behind me (hence I didn't accelerate any faster than any one else).

There was no hard braking as we could tell we would not make it.

As my car went Pshhhh inbetween second and third I saw the cop staring at me, he was sitting at the lights turning from my left, he was turning right heading north.

You should have seen the look the arsewipe gave me, He stared until i couldn't see his head any more. As he drove parallel next to me he pointed and mouthed what looked like 'You'.

If any one knowns that road, the first set of lights I took off from you are unable to turn right, only head either on to south road or on to the southern expressway.

I saw his blinker click on to turn right. I looked around and saw him attempting to do a U-turn, cars banked up behind him. He was going to come back and get me the arsewipe!

Luckly the cars behind me accelerate at the same pace as I did and there was a heap of traffic and a truck from the right lane pulled in behind me (I was in the left lane)

He did the U turn and was around 10 or so cars behind me.

First left just after the lights I turned left.

The truck hid my view so i'm not even sure if the cop saw me turn left.

I didn't accelerate hard I didn't have to as I know the road and it is not open i.e lots of corners and 3 ways in which you could go as soon as you turn left off the main road.

I turned the first left then left again and went through the block of units that says its a no through road but it isn't really. :P I Looped back on my self and went on my way.

My car looks damn stock, I make a little bit of a pshhhh which is frigin standard and I get stared at like he is going to rip my head of and shiet down my neck.

No doubt he would have sent me to regency or tried to.

That was a cop on a Mission I tell you.

I am sitting here chuckling to me self how he stared at me.. My FkingGod. This is sad.

I've got a right mind to delete me previous posts but I wont!

One last comment.. Frigin' Arsehole...

.... I feel better now.... well not really but a little bit better. :D

What's the big deal about BOV?

It's only venting compressed air (yes air .....there is no fuel in it right?) into the atmosphere. I do that after every big fatty meal....common come are defect my *##@

That's it....I am going to shop for and buy that gadget that make a BOV noise with every gear shift and put it in my commy....come and defect my "sound system"

PS My avatar is dedicated to the Regency boys for their contribution to car safety