SAU Community

Reving like a rotary

4 Doorz

My poor car II

Saturday morning I work up and started my car and it started revving at 1600 rpm....I thought nothing of it, thinking it was just cold start, but after driving for 30 minutes it was still revving at 1200 rpm.

today we tried to reset the Throttle Position Sensor, but it was still revving at 1050 rpm...

Does anyone know how to make it go back or has anyone had this problem before!?

Heeeeeeeelp!!

Originally posted by 4 Doorz

My poor car II

Saturday morning I work up and started my car and it started revving at 1600 rpm....I thought nothing of it, thinking it was just cold start, but after driving for 30 minutes it was still revving at 1200 rpm.

today we tried to reset the Throttle Position Sensor, but it was still revving at 1050 rpm...

Does anyone know how to make it go back or has anyone had this problem before!?

Heeeeeeeelp!!

i had the same problem do what motox says disconect the batery power i left it off over the weekend coz i went away reconnected it havent had the problem since if u do it u only have to disconnect the power for 5-10mins

that should fix it

its jsut it has to drain the power out of the ecu so it is blank. then when you start it again, it will run funny for 2secconds rev low then rev high. you never know, you might get more power out of your car. i certinally did.

I got home from an exam the other day, and for some strange reason, the car just dropped back to 700 rpm! No notice.

I was strange since I have got used to it revving at like 1200 rpm...but now it is all normal :confused:

Thanks for your help though guys