SAU Community

Where Are Splits/filters Located?

anomaly

hey just got my fresh import 1998 33 series 2, and they come with cazziaro (something like that) speakers in, but the ones in the rear dont have any bass/midrange at all (and the speakers are 4 way with fairly large cones, shud be pumping some bass and midrange).

so i figured that there was a sub in japan that they ripped out before sending it over here, and splits on the rear speakers. where wud these likely to be? ive taken the headunit out and its nothing obvious in there, would they be in the back somewhere behind the backseats? ive taken the battery cover thing off and cant see anything

any ideas?

im pretty much trying to make do with the jap one before i can get some money to put a real sound system in

yeh ive got an alarm/immobaliser

okay simplified version;

got bigish 4 way speakers in back, however they are only playing high range sounds (no midrange or bass). i assume that they have a high-pass filter/split on them, where would this likely to be located?

thanks

My 34 came with carriozerria or something like that in it too. theyre a series of Pioneer speakers. The headunit that came with mine was the same branding. had like 120ish watt rear 6.5" speakers that had no bass at all but had 140's in the front that actually had a bit of bass and mid so i put them in the back and bought splits for the front. if you got the 120W (might be 125 or 130 not sure) 6.5" then they might be the same as what i got. ill have a look for a model number on them when i get home and a look if theres a high pass or anything.

I notcied the same thing with my R34 rear "3D surround" speakers ahahah

No bass or mid, terrible, they had to go straight away, hopeless things! Standard corolla speakers had more bass!

Dont know if there is any real adjustment in them

ah rite so its new speakers time, shame because they light up when my headlights are on and look awesome :)

Mine arrived like that too.. big Kenwood boxes with lightup bits on it.

The mid and bass drivers were just completely missing, and the unit only had tweeters in it!

Anyway, if there are any passive crossover type magic going on, they could even be just a resistor and/or inductor soldered inline with the speaker wire (usually on the back of the speaker itself, or inside a box.. if it's boxed)

the speakers out of the back of mine are 3way 120w carriozerra's theres no adjustable filters, id be buyin new speakers.

yeh ill take the backseat out this weekend and see wat the go is