SAU Community

Gts-4

chestnut

Hi all - can anyone tell me the type and capacity of gearbox oil my R32 GTS-4 requires?

I've been told that my box will take a lot more than a GTS-T and would require an oil suitable for the AWD setup…is that correct?

I've searched the forums around this and tried googling with no luck.

I used vmx80, and nulon g70 additive.

Same amount as a gtr box.

Others have used motul, or redline, search for their opinions on that topic.

*factory spec is 75-90 4.1l

---------------

transfer case uses atf. ~1.8l don't put gear oil in there.

Edited by heller44

Great, thanks for the info!

I've been searching a lot more and finally found this;

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/t40146.html

after searching for 'transfer case oil'.

So, the following is considered to be a Redline Shockproof product?

MT90 75W90 GL4Gearboxes calling for GL4 90W oil3.78Lts$128

I've been reading the Redline website - they seem to provide information regarding their 'Shockproof' range separately from their MT90 oils. It's all the same synthetic Shockproof oil right? Because I want to get this Redline Shockproof lightweight everyones talking about haha.

Last question, is the quality of the ATF important for Transfer cases? Should I get Redline ATF while I'm at it?

A lot of people here seem to go for the Nissan Matic-D or Castrol Synthetic Transmax Z (Matic-D approved?)

Edited by chestnut

Nissan matic d is the factory offering. That doesn't mean that you can't find options. Transmax z would appear to be an appropriate alternative.

Redline lightweight shockproof is what most people go for as a bandaid solution for crunching synchro's, usually 4th.

Unfortunately it is a GL5 oil that is not recommended due to being bad for the synchro material itself.

That is why I went for the vmx80 +g70 as 1) it is know to work, 2) vmx80 is a gl4, 3) vmx80 is a damn sight cheaper than redline..

There are loads more options for gearbox oil, have a read around about gearbox oil threads, specifically gtr boxes as yours is almost one, on forums here and overseas. Make up your own mind..

James.

Ok, so I need 75w-90 GL4? Are both gts-t and gts-4 boxes GL4?

vmx80 + g70 could be the go.

Is vmx80 a mineral oil like the VMX-M?

What if I used a full synthetic like Castrol Syntrans, could I use G70 with it...or is it not worth it if you go synthetic?

Edited by chestnut