SAU Community

Want To See Where You Rims Sit With Size And Offset ! (a31)

2gceffy

hey guys

goin rim shipping for my cef n want to see what size n offsets your running, i want em to stick out a lil was lookin at 17x9 gtr offset but stick out lil too much

any pics would be very helpful, also im respayin my car soon so gaurd mods aint a problem

anyhelp much apreciated !!

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

standard guards with -1.5 max camber all round can take 17/18x9 +30 (r33 and r34 gtr wheels)

anything lower offset will require more camber and/or guard mods

ive ran 18x9 +7 on stock front guards - required -3.5 front camber... and rears 9.5 +12 with some heavy flaring at the rear

hope this helps

i bought rims off some dodgy asshole in singapore who charged me airfreight and gave me cargo that took over 8 weeks delivery. prick.

anyway

i bought stich evolution 18x8/9 the rears have a + 17 offset i'm getting tyres tomorrow so i will show all you haters how they fit up

ps

excuse my absence from the forums over the pastmonths i been overseas and haven't really been bothered coming on.

ooo sweet very helpfull so far, anyone know how the 17x9 drift teks sit with 34+ ?? also is gtr offset stated for drift teks 15 or 20?

i got an offset calculator and it says how much they stick out n got measuring tape but its hard to imagine it ahah..

im freshening up my car n im aiming for hardcore very jap look if that helps

also whats your opinion of the new purple holden colour? misses wants me to hit it with that but i think its too showey..

also maybe make this a sticky for all four doors? like a visual offset calculator

thanks for all your help

Edited by 2gceffy

17*9 + 34 will sit pretty good on the rear.

Here's a photo of some other wheels I used to run on the rear, 17*9 +38 fitted with 235/45, factory camber arms etc.

th_28082007171.jpg

Depending on what tyres you fit you may need to lip the guards?

Edited by daisu

I have had/have very similar rim sizes, 17x9 +35 will sit just in on totally stock guards with 235x45 tyres, i currently have 18x9 rims with a +38 offset and 235x45 tyres and on my un-rolled stock rear guards the tyres just scrape slightly over bumps with around -2 degrees of camber

i have 18x9+23 on the rears with 225/40 on them

offset is like, pretty aggressive by my standards i finally get them on tomorrow with new brake pads people!!!

i'm molto excited

i have 18x9+23 on the rears with 225/40 on them

offset is like, pretty aggressive by my standards i finally get them on tomorrow with new brake pads people!!!

i'm molto excited

post pics of evolutions! Silver or gold centre?

Just out of curiosity anyone know if Laurel and Cefiro guard clearances are the same?

i will asap, but they're not on the car untill tomorrow morning

as i said i am waiting on getting tyres fitted and the brake pads replaced i ahve had such a hard f**king around with this shit

i bought the wheels in like, JUNE this year, got charged for airmail, but the guy in singapore gave me seafreight, so i received them september 10

FUNNY PART OF THE STORY september 9 i flew out for my month long over seas holiday! so it was another month before i got to see them!

SO

tyres are all i need to buy now, right? SO i ring up tech9 tyres (think tempe but for the west coast) tempe QUOTE ME $740 for saturday the 14th october, btu then they decided that they were going to stop trading on saturday on me

then i ring back TWO WEEKS LATER cos i couldn't get time off work till then, and somehow, the quote has bumped upto $770!!!! THAT"S A $30 increase!!! so i was like, what the fish and made them take the quote back to 740

so i was booked in ready to go for yesterday, i flish an email off to them JUST TO SEE IF THEY TAKE EFTPOS and he says nahhhhhhhh were shutting early today not doing any more work

so im like.... ok... what the fish? can you fit me in tomorrow or even come in on saturday?

he said nahhhhhhhh probably after next wednesday we're fully booked out

i said i should take priority to keep a customer as i'd been stuffed about for the third time and somehow I AM THE ONE who has to wait?

so yeah

changed my guy now finally and it's all on like donkey kong tomorrow morning

...only i need new brake pads now

so i have to get them done as well

DRIFT LIMO as for the pics / centre colour of the rims, you will have to wait till tomorrow for my pixors!!!

You book a time for tyre shop?

I drove an hour to buy my wheels from tokage racing imports, drove back home via tyre shop, asked them for a price on tyres (it was reasonable price) so I said okay I'll leave the rims here, went to autobarn next door to buy some oil/coolant etc 15 mins later valves and tyres fitted and balanced $520

Out of interest what tyres are you getting for $740? Toyo Proxes?

Also, 2gceffy, +1 for archer slides, here's a picture of me sliding at archer

th_A7-1.jpg

I had no scrubbing issues with +38 on the rear, but I do now that I have +20 (both 17*9 with 235/45tyres).

And on the front my wheels/tyres are rubbing against the inner arch at full lock, I don't have lock spacers or anything.

Edited by daisu

pics of 18x8/9 +32/23 offsets

225/40 all round... should've got 215/35 but the tyre shop wouldn't let me re-order

i hate WA. well, i love it n i hate it

enjoy! needs lowering, and paint needs TLC

post-13494-1193584765_thumb.jpg

post-13494-1193584783_thumb.jpg

post-13494-1193584794_thumb.jpg

I am replacing my existing work rezax with another same model but with a much wilder offset. My front size is 17x8 +5 offset and rear is 17x9 +10 offset. I've just attached the rears and the wheels sticks out about 1.5" from the stock guards. I'll be placing some flares to just cover the wheels. The front is still in the works as I am waiting for my hubs to have its bearings replaced and i don't know yet how far the front may stick out. I'll get you pics when I get my camera working or maybe use my phone camera for the meantime.

pics of 18x8/9 +32/23 offsets

225/40 all round... should've got 215/35 but the tyre shop wouldn't let me re-order

i hate WA. well, i love it n i hate it

enjoy! needs lowering, and paint needs TLC

Mmm polished centre sexors.. Lowering will make all the difference. Have you thought about a Diana kit?

yeah it def needs to be lower, i've just got it over the pits so it's a bit nerd spec...

have never thought of a diana kit i bought the wonder kit cos i like the wonder kit but i'm going to badger supermade until they make an instant gentleman kit for cefiro.. they totally should..

..or even a cut n shut job...

th_08102007307.jpg

th_08102007305.jpg

th_08102007300.jpg

17*9 +20 with 235/45 all round.

Front is mint,

You didn't hear me say this, but I think rear offset is a little too low

Would look heaps better with some 215 tyres all around and maybe a light flaring on the rear.

2GCeffy: You said you're going for a "hardcore Jap look"?? Well, if you want to pull this look off right don't be weak on those offsets!! Plus you said you're getting the car resprayed so guard mods aren't a problem?

Roll and flare those guards, get some 17X9 or 18X9 front with +10 offset and 18x10 rears with approx +12 offset! Run 215's on the front, 235's on the rear and you will have a true Jap look!! Will look awesome!

Chose weak offsets and your car will just look like your average povo Aussie special...

Would look heaps better with some 215 tyres all around and maybe a light flaring on the rear.

Yeah I plan on trying some 215 or 225 next time, I lipped the rear arch but I didn't have a bar big enough to try pumping it out. I'd like to do a proper flaring like the Ceffy with the D-Max kit in one of the other threads but money is tight and at the moment I'm focusing on functionality over looks (as you can tell by my front bumper)

yeh i definetly dont want to fit into the "aussie special" catagory.. me and my misses are goin halfs in whatever i decide (chrisy present) hehe

as for paint i think iv chosen the midnight purple II that only 300 r34's came out with, should look tidy.. was gonna go the III but dont have it on file at work...

only sh*t problem is 4stud, had whole s15 5 stud conversion but was forced to sell, if i came across some 18x10 + 10 4 stud id definetly snap them up.. guess if i get onto some importers gives them fair bit of time to search

ps this thread is swoit as poida would say (old school full frontal) hahahah