SAU Community

Want To See Where You Rims Sit With Size And Offset ! (a31)

2gceffy

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

here is my rear wheel sticking out. Im still thinking whether to use flares or just roll the fenders.

10-29-07_1140.jpg

10-29-07_1139.jpg

10-29-07_1138.jpg

10-29-07_1137.jpg

the rear has a +10 offset. during the time I took the pic, the rear was in a negative toe since the hicas bar has not been installed yet so the wheels doesn't look straight.

here is my rear wheel sticking out. Im still thinking whether to use flares or just roll the fenders.

10-29-07_1140.jpg

10-29-07_1139.jpg

10-29-07_1138.jpg

10-29-07_1137.jpg

the rear has a +10 offset. during the time I took the pic, the rear was in a negative toe since the hicas bar has not been installed yet so the wheels doesn't look straight.

those rears look pretty sweet, how wide r they?

i say decently roll em. flares are for wider rims, there nuffin worse then a car with nice wide flares/guards but u cant fill em in well, at least thats my thoughts :P

iv actualy looked into re-drilling, the back part that meets with the hub has to be solid no holes or valleys, think it was like $85 a rim from somewhere in slacks creek, just have to keep my eyes peeled
yea i see wat u mean, altho is $85 the cheapest you've seen? Edited by Dan_J

I'm having the same issue where it looks like the rim is too wide to pump the guard, but if I was going to have them flared I'd want to do it properly.. but then my rims wouldn't be wide enough lol I should've bought the 10" wide for the rear.

Edited by daisu

i never looked around for prices, thats a quote i got maybe 1 year ago, im sure if you looked around or knew the right people you could get it done for less..

bloke at works his brother has an import licence so im gonna give him some details and he gonna try find some rims in 18x9/10 round the 12+ offset for me.. what offset am i lookin for the front?

im also puttin off the re-spray till i get the rims, no point playin with freshly painted guards i figure

10-29-07_1140.jpg

10-29-07_1139.jpg

10-29-07_1138.jpg

10-29-07_1137.jpg

Mate don't go bolt on flares, those wheels will fit perfectly after flaring the back guards. What width are those rims? 9" or 10"? Couldn't make out in the photo if those tyres are 225/45/17's or 235/45/17's. You could also stretch those tyres a little bit more for more clearence, 225's if they're 235's or 215's if 225's.

Thats mad. What about front ? what offset ? What rim width? Tire sizes ?

Here are the wheel specs and tire size:

front- 17x8 +5 offset tires-215x45

rear- 17x9 +10 offset tires 235x40

10-30-07_1523.jpg

I just mounted the front earlier and it just sticks out about an inch only so now, I opted to have my fenders rolled combined with a camber plate. :)

Dan_J,

I'll just roll them since the flares is actually my last resort if rolling won't be enough. :)

Hypnotik,

Yeah, I find the flares a bit out of shape for the car as I test fitted some. I prefer the stock looking body with rolled fenders. :)

Edited by CEF

for a 10 width in the front, you may still mount it up but you have to use coilovers so that the tires won't foul up to the stock spring perch. you may be required to maybe roll the fender a littlle.