SAU Community

Urgent Help Please! Nismo Coppermix

VSPEC-33

Can someone please help me.......

Ive got the nismo twinplate setup. The flywheel, clutch and pressure plates are all bolted to the crankshaft, no major dramas... BUT

Im having trouble figuring out how the thrust bearing is supposed to sit, and why the clutch fork doesnt fit around the bearing (obviously it fits around the old one).

The only thing i can think of is that the fork maybe particular to the ORC twinplate that was in the car? It almost seems as if the ORC one is a puch type where-as i assume the R33 should be pull type from factory...

Ive got a few pics and i hope that someone can please help me out....

post-16627-1193651577_thumb.jpg

post-16627-1193651614_thumb.jpg

post-16627-1193651648_thumb.jpg

post-16627-1193651671_thumb.jpg

post-16627-1193651692_thumb.jpg

post-16627-1193651712_thumb.jpg

Sorry to be the barer of bad news, assuming you have an R33 GTR, your vehicle has been converted to a push pressure plate setup. This is confirmed by the release bearing, bearing carrier and release folk pictured.

You have two options, purchase all the required items to convert it back to a pull setup, or try to swap the kit for a suitable item.

Thanks mate, sorting out the parts to convert it back to a pull type.

In case anyone else has this drama in the future, if the slave cylinder is mounted on the engine side of the clutch fork on an R33 GTR, you have a push type clutch. Might pay to have a quick look under the car first before you order your clutch kit :P

um has yours got a r32 box in it? cause you wont be able to convert that to pull.... before you waste more cash, my bet would be to swap clutch (return to place of purchase) for a push type as it is a better setup and save a lot of hassles.

if not i have a belhousing (to re-orientate slave) and the internal pull kit....

ahh i had a look at the one i have at home and it has dual bolt ups for the slave so you might be lucky... the other one i have only has pull (r34), so if yours has both its just a matter buying all the internal gear....