SAU Community

Another Bov Question

Hey all,

I was about to post in the other BOV post that everyone was whoring but it seems like it was closed.

I want to know if there is any way to check if the stock GTR BOVs are leaking or not?

I have recently had my turbos re-built (aftermarket ones) and the point of a BOV is to save the turbo so I thought I'd better get this checked out.

If leaking, is it better off to get a new aftermarket plumpback, go to Nissan and ask for OEM parts or if possible, re-build the BOVs?

Thanks in advanced.

Danny

dont know what sorta boost there good for but i heard the GTR blow off's were better than any aftermarket ones.. when there working your less likely to have a 'leaking' blow off by using stockers aposed to aftermarket ones..

if there leaking your car would be running like poo on idle and/or wouldnt boost properly.. youd be able to notice it anyway im pritty sure

Pretty easy to check, just take off the piping the BOV's are on, block both ends, add a tyre valve to pressurize the section of pipe and run the vac line to a nipple on the section of pipe. Now add compressed air, if it's fckd you will hear lots air coming out the BOV vent, if it's not it won't.

Thanks all for the replies!

Pretty easy to check, just take off the piping the BOV's are on, block both ends, add a tyre valve to pressurize the section of pipe and run the vac line to a nipple on the section of pipe. Now add compressed air, if it's fckd you will hear lots air coming out the BOV vent, if it's not it won't.

You kinda lost me..

I get the "block both ends" parts. The rest I got lost on.

he's just saying to pressurize the pipe once its blocked up. for example use a tyre valve, like the one you pump you car tyres up through. and to make sure that the small vacuum line that comes off the top on the bov is also piped up to the pressure (so the bov will stay shut). then once you pressurize it if the bovs are leaking you will know.

keep in mind the most compressors run about 6-7 bar. so use a reg and turn it down a bit. 2-3 bar should be right.