SAU Community

Noise Of Pod Filter

R34TRK

1. it would shield a small amount of heat

2. without an intake no, it'll just end up trapping the hot air inside. (think sauna)

3. you could fabricate one out of steel and line it with reflective foam/insulation for half the price.

what pod you got on urs eug?

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i ran a pod, heatshield and CAI for about one year. Went back to the standard airbox with a decent panel filter

minimal difference between the two, if i can't notice it doing skidpans and track days - then doubtful anyone would on the street.

i ran a pod, heatshield and CAI for about one year. Went back to the standard airbox with a decent panel filter

minimal difference between the two, if i can't notice it doing skidpans and track days - then doubtful anyone would on the street.

can u put up a pic of your engine bay?????

can u put up a pic of your engine bay?????

do you not believe me or something?

it looks like a stock engine bay, except for silver extractors and a strut brace.

i'll run out and take one when i get my digital camera back from parentals (being christmas and all).

haha nice one! lol i think you wont notice much of a difference in the pod with CIA and stock box with pannel filter. I think they are as good as one another. Just make sure if you run a pod have a good heat shield and if you run the stock airbox, use an apexi or KnN pannel filter. As long as there is not restriction on flow, but good enough to filter the "Dirty" air into the intake, or turbo.

hame

this thread still going?

In my opinion..

if you want a slight increase in response and torque.. get a CAI (i.e such air from OUTSIDE the engine bay).. its not much.. but its noticable and quite cheap

if you want noise.. stick it anywhere.. you will be sucking in hot air.. and probs be doing worse for performance than a stock airbox but its acheived your purpose of a "sick induction noise"

Pannel filter is best of your keeping air box and will do just as well a pod.

Pod is only worth it if you will be running piping to down and outside of the enginebay for cold air.

Edited by GTS4WD

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah i doubt you'll notice the power but if you want the noise just take off the stock piping that runs from the air filter box to the front of the engine. No pod needed sounds pretty cool when u plant it except its sucking in hot air, the radiator fan blows the hot air straight where the hole for the air box is, will have it sorted in a few days gona block if off with some aluminium and put some pre filter foam over the inlet of the air box, will post pics.

This is wat i did to mine bent some stainless up to stop the hot air reaching the air box, works well, just got a put a wire cage sorta thing with some pre filter foam around the inlet, does the job only cost me 10$ , n gets that induction noise :thumbsup:

post-42825-1199877245_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hi guys, if anyones keen i have two proformance pods for sale and they both have great sounds to them when pushed.

One is a hurricaine proformance air filter (red cone) and the second is Force Flow (blue cone) filter.

Im moving houses and dont really wanna pack them with me so $50 for the pair or $30 each.

if anyones keen, PM please.

Ohh and also, i have a clear pod box cover for R33's (N/A's) for sale too if anyones interested $50

See pics below

http://s21.photobucket.com/albums/b258/EMZ...nt=IMG_3471.jpg

http://s21.photobucket.com/albums/b258/EMZ...t=PodCover3.jpg

http://s21.photobucket.com/albums/b258/EMZ...t=Podcover2.jpg

http://s21.photobucket.com/albums/b258/EMZ...t=PodCover1.jpg

Regards, Evan

My question is, if you do want the noise of the pod, would'nt the airbox or heatshield reduce this noise ? Because i do want a pod, which will make a great amount of noise to substitute to having a turbo :), but then again i dont want the pod just for show i want it to do it's job and suck is cold air.

peace.

MR_XTC

Edited by MR_XTC

I haven't enclosed my pod filter, however mine is on a 25det. The way I see it, the air is heated instantly on passing the turbo anyway, and then cooled again by the intercooler. The turbo is going to suck one way or another, so I don't really see the inlet temperature makin too bigger difference to the turbo.

Obviously on an NA the colder the intake the better because of the expansion and contraction properties of air. The colder it is the more oxygen to a certain volume. I guess. Thats my scientific theory of the day anyway :thumbsup: haha.

Jack