SAU Community

Getting Through Defect

Elliotws

on my defect notice the cop did me for engine emitions, so im just looking for someone who has been through regency to tell me if i need to definatley change my: turbo, ecu, exhaust, z32afm, pod filter(the cop put this on the defect notice) and coilovers. should i change all of these back to stock?

i would really appriciate some advice which ones should i leave on, or should i just pull all these parts off and make it stock.

any after market ecu is a defect and you wont pass

same with turbo unless its highflowed standard turbo they cant really tell the difference.

exhaust, only if its over the limit which is now at 90 db and you have a cat insatlled

youll be fine with the afm and pod as long as the pod doesnt move around

coilovers wont pass, need shocks at standard hight or at legal hight

best bet is to make the car completely stock and not give them a reason to not let you through.

oh, also check your bushings. if they cant get you for something they will go for them if there stuffed.

goodluck

kye

Edited by Import S13

on my defect notice the cop did me for engine emitions, so im just looking for someone who has been through regency to tell me if i need to definatley change my: turbo, ecu, exhaust, z32afm, pod filter(the cop put this on the defect notice) and coilovers. should i change all of these back to stock?

i would really appriciate some advice which ones should i leave on, or should i just pull all these parts off and make it stock.

Did the cop specifically mention on the defect all these parts ( turbo, ecu, exhaust, z32afm, pod filter) or did he just write emitions? Also how long ago did you get done cos there is a good chance you will receive a letter in the mail to get ur car EPA tested if he didn't already tell u. My brother and my mate got done like this earlier this year.

you'll definately have to change the suspension, they wont let the coils slide. i got in trouble for my pod filters but i just had to get them put in securely with a bracket thing to hold em tight.

dont know about emissions stuff but if you got a crazy loud exhaust that will need to get changed.

the cop had no idea what he was talking about because all he wrote was 'engine emitions(turbo pod, wastegate)' and thats all he wrote. every mod in my car is well hidden so he just defected me for two bullsh.t reasons, as my wastegate is internal as well.

but anyway ive just bought a stock turbo today, so il deffinately change suspension and exhaust. i was just a bit confused because i wasnt sure if regency would look over the whole car if i got done for just the pod and the wastgate, but it is a skyline so they probably will.

bushings were sounding a bit worn last time i drove it, lets hope they dont do me for that. i would have got defected probably a few months ago, but i still havnt got any letter about EPA testing.

cheers guys

the cop had no idea what he was talking about because all he wrote was 'engine emitions(turbo pod, wastegate)' and thats all he wrote. every mod in my car is well hidden so he just defected me for two bullsh.t reasons, as my wastegate is internal as well.

but anyway ive just bought a stock turbo today, so il deffinately change suspension and exhaust. i was just a bit confused because i wasnt sure if regency would look over the whole car if i got done for just the pod and the wastgate, but it is a skyline so they probably will.

bushings were sounding a bit worn last time i drove it, lets hope they dont do me for that. i would have got defected probably a few months ago, but i still havnt got any letter about EPA testing.

cheers guys

no matter what you get defected for, regency will look over the whole car.

if your really worried about it, just go through without changing anything and let them give you a list.

once you have the list, fix what they wrote on it NOTTHING ELSE and go through. they can not defect you for the second time through if you have fixed what they wrote on the list within 6 months from your last inspection.

also, which sucks, is that all the inspectors are completely different. one might say its ok the other might say its not. try and get a late friday inspection if you can.

oh yes regency! it's not like a visit to the cop shop because they go through everything! less likely you'll pass on the first time so if you don't pass you get a list like what import s13 said! then you know what to replace/fix! and after the first time it's normally half price to get a recheck!

oh yes regency! it's not like a visit to the cop shop because they go through everything! less likely you'll pass on the first time so if you don't pass you get a list like what import s13 said! then you know what to replace/fix! and after the first time it's normally half price to get a recheck!

true, second check is less then the first one but they have upped the price of inspections to 130 odd bux and recheck is like 76 bux now. so gay!

leave approx $50 on the dash next to a box of donuts and hope you dont get mr drift king inspector like i did.

its a GTR stop calling it a f#%kin drift car :ph34r:

you might be better just leaving the coil overs in the first go and when they ask you whats been modified just tell em about the suspension n pod filters and hope they dont know the turbo's been changed.

hopefully they'll go easier on you with the rest of sh*t if they got you revisting with the coilovers next time anyway.

o yea expect them to find some oil stains you never seen before in the engine bay.

and be sure to thank them for the early xmas present

when i went through earlier in the year with mine he never checked my computer so i duno you might be alrite... one thing he made me do which was wierd was go an a machine and get my braks tested. when i saw the red light i had to slam the breaks on.. so make sure you got okay brakes just in case... and the guy didnt no mine was non turbo until half way through i told him....

lol he defected me in regency for having the original battery from nissan !! my uncle was saying how good that type of battery is ( which is true since it lasted 10 years and still had nothing wrong with it !!) and he is an auto electrician and he tried to import them here but there too expensive.. the reason it got defected was that it wasnt a dry cell batery or something..but yeh how long do you get out of a battery these days? 4 years maybe? and so yeh perfectly good battery i had to change

good luck!

if u go in there thinking i hate this place and all the inspectors are tools, you will no doubt get reemed, i got 1 of the toughest guys there BUT just chatting to him normally ect i had left some parts in that he knew about and i said that everything will be adjustable as its going to be a track car, had a decent discussion n let many things through. just go in there with a good attitudde they are only doing their job, its po po that need the kick in the nutz!

fyi we don't have any form of EPA testing here in SA. The only place that does any sort of emission testing (for getting your car engineered for example) is Mitsubishi, and the charge around $4,000 per test. As long as your pod is mounted securely, have a cat converter, legal db exhaust, and you change your turbo back to stock, you will be fine on the emission side of things. Don't bother going with coilovers as they won't let you pass.