SAU Community

D1 Grand Prix - Proffessional drift

Element

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ha, my PC crashed in my last post....

anyway to recap ...cue timewarp wavy screen ....

I just watched the qualifier event the yanks had before d1 AND.....

OMIGOD!!! that is some of the most unbelievably shithouse driving (I wouldn't go as far as calling it drifting!!!!)

There was more understeer than anything else.... the yanks seem to think they are "fully sick drift kings bro", but the complete opposite seems to be true. For examples check out drift tengoku vol.14.

at least the Japs they brought out there would help a bit to make it worth seeing.

I wonder how long it will be before some kind of national drift comp series gets going here?

cheers,

floody

After going to the latest round of V8 supercars at Oran Park I became really excited with an idea ( not the first time )

They fill in time between support races and the main event with a couple of bricklayers utes doin there best to make some smoke. At least the Falcon sounded alright as it bounced off limiter with a limo diff that actually works unlike the crummydore!

But how good would it be to have a couple of mad drift'ers in D1 style machines linking the track in some classic team drift.

Gives the opotunity for some of our own technical garages and modifying workshops to throw some products at a promo car and give the sport a bit more exposure.

YES! drifting needs to be promoted- but only in a responsible sense that doesn't make it into the fully sick "carpark drifter" spectacle its become in america...

I think a national series, an aussie D1 type event (but with more amateur classes obviously becuase the pros just aren't there), would be good.

cheers,

floody

drifting is what its all about :D

got myself a project going on, got bets on it too... can i get a 200sx (180 sx youd call it in jp) where the ca18det is thrown out and a rb25det is thrown in... will it drift?