SAU Community

Oil Pressure Problem

Rav

Hi Guys,

I just took my GTR for a drive around the block,My oil gauge drop when i give it some gas, Frist i thought mayb the gauge is playing up(Greddy oil pressure Gauge).

But now i think it's a more serious problem.

But on idle and driving normal it seems to be fine, But when u cane it it drops, What could this be some info would be Great.

Cheers.

Edited by Rav

Hmm, bit suss hey. My R32 GT-R also displays rather low oil pressure on the standard guage after some enthusiastic driving.

I think it has something to do with the lower viscosity of the oil after it gets really hot when driving hard. There will be less pressure because the oil flows easier.

Might also have something to do with the oil control issues in the RB26. poor oil return to the sump. Check this thread:

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/Oi...ui-t110680.html

Other than that have some other guys post up their oil pressure readings and refer to the engine manual specs.

Hmm, bit suss hey. My R32 GT-R also displays rather low oil pressure on the standard guage after some enthusiastic driving.

I think it has something to do with the lower viscosity of the oil after it gets really hot when driving hard. There will be less pressure because the oil flows easier.

Might also have something to do with the oil control issues in the RB26. poor oil return to the sump. Check this thread:

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/Oi...ui-t110680.html

Other than that have some other guys post up their oil pressure readings and refer to the engine manual specs.

Its not my standard gauge it a greddy oil pressure, and its go's up normaly but ones the boost comes in hard, the pressure drops fast.

ive noticed the stock gauge to have a delay on it compared to a good aftermarket one.

but i would be a bit worried if the oil pressure drops when applying load. mine sits on about 2 bar for idle and always rises up on acceleration, normally up to 5 or 6 bar. (blitz electronic gauge)

does it blow smoke? probably best to get a compression and leak down test done.

Edited by Sambo33

I wouldn't have thought low compression would cause a drop of oil pressure like that.

Check your oil level immediately, if it's low it could be pumping excessive oil into the head at higher RPM.

DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT keep driving it if this is happening. It could cost you a motor.