SAU Community

32gtr

gtrzilla

Picking up my 32 GTR tomorrow :P

This car is basically immaculate, and stock, with the one non standard thing being tein suspension. Stock exhaust, everything.

I was planning to keep the car stock as a collectors car, but now im thinking that it would be a better collector car if it was AUS deliver, however this is an import.

So my question is:

What mods would anyone out there with a 32 gtr do

I'm concerned about the k's being wound back (76,000km *go figure :P )

Hence i dont want to run the car into a rebuild, i was thinking maybe just a custom exhaust system and pod filters, thats it.

So do you think my turbo blades are going to end up in my engine :D

whats your thoughts

Stock, or not stock?? that is the question

If your concerned about them pull them off and have a look... but considering you've bought the car already you'd be hoping the turbos are fine...

PS i would put a 2nd hand exhaust on and pods if i bought a $17g gtr and cross my fingers

Congrats on purchase, welcome to debt

This link has RB26's in various states of tune and power output.

Zhaust & pods will raise your boost to around 10-11psi and give you about 220rwkw. Running more boost then that is a risk, and yes, your motor could get scared by some ceramic dust. Rem its an old car, so they've been known to go bang on stock boost :P

Edited by GeeTR

ALSO

did a compression test/ underbody check and all that before i bought it

compression test:

Cyl 1 - 130psi

Cyl 2 - 130psi

Cyl 3 - 130psi

Cyl 4 - 130psi

Cyl 5 - 125psi

Cyl 6 - 125psi

does this seem about right

is there any real reason to believe that a stock standard gtr, with maybe pods only will not run for ages without having major engine issues

Just the everlasting doubt about if the car was stock its whole life...

tis a good point

but from what i know, and my mechanic thinks its untouched in his opinion (RE customs)

Not doubting your mechanic mate but a steam clean after pulling all the bits and pieces off can do wonders... Doesn't mean that it has happened to yours though

is there any real reason to believe that a stock standard gtr, with maybe pods only will not run for ages without having major engine issues

It could, but can you really drive a stock one for "ages"?

I found the 4wd and HICAS makes it feel too safe & boring. Quickly it will feel like hot poo and you'll want more :P

yeah for sure

must just be one of those things tho, if its the car you want its the price you pay ;)

same with the k's far from genuine!!

mate theres an import yard just down thw road and i regularly see clean as and straight 32 gtr's with newhere from 30000 to 40000 ive seen bout 3 or 4 now so maby urs might be genuine who knows

yeah the k'ms thing is strange

you would assume they would be wound back but you would never really know i guess

i spose you could tell from general wear on the interior etc, but even so, steering wheels, gearnobs and stuff can be changed

Congrats on purchase, welcome to debt

:D Thats a great one!

As for the new gtr, congrats!

Always warm it up and cool it down, dont skimp on servicing and enjoy the thing :blink:

As far as mods go, if it was mine id do;

ECU

full exhaust

1bar on EBC

New airbox/pods if you want some sound

That should be roughly 260rwkw, which will feel like plenty....for now

I'm with Ash, leave it standard and enjoy it. well just an exhaust the standard ones are apalling. and pull out the boost restrictor to run 12psi if it hasn't been done.

But when you get it, change all the oils and fluids (engine oil, diff oils, gearbox oil, attessa fluid, xfer case fluid, brake fluid), timing belt, water pump, clean the injectors and put it on a dyno to check fuel pump and coilpacks are ok.

I'm with Ash, leave it standard and enjoy it. well just an exhaust the standard ones are apalling. and pull out the boost restrictor to run 12psi if it hasn't been done.

But when you get it, change all the oils and fluids (engine oil, diff oils, gearbox oil, attessa fluid, xfer case fluid, brake fluid), timing belt, water pump, clean the injectors and put it on a dyno to check fuel pump and coilpacks are ok.

was thinking about doing the exhaust and restrictor

but i dont want to run the engine on that extra power incase the turbo's explode and end up in my engine, resulting in a rebuild :)

i really want to avoid a rebuild at all costs...

Pods are a waste of time and money with your intentions in mind.

The exhaust and other 'efficiency' modifications are worthwhile that won't greatly contribute to wear like;

Lightweight flywheel/rims

Upgrade the engine management to a power fc or similar

Upgrading the cams is worthwhile to give you a bigger power band and make the power with less rpm, boost and intake temps. The fitting of adjustable cam gears even by themselves gets you some good gains.

Appart from that the maintenence program for your car is very important to enjoy it. Since the odo shows 78,000kms you don't know if the timing belt is done, so I'd be doing that along with the idler and tensioner and possibly water pump if required. A full coooling system service is also a must do, for the Aussie summer.

^^ exactly.

dont worry about pods. ive read somewhere that the stock airbox can run up to 250kw? maybe 300? dont quote me though. just get a nice panel filter, it will also keep you out of trouble with Mr Plod

that, an exhaust, rip out the boost restrisctor, and then get used to it for a bit.

when you need more power, then look at new turbos/ecu/intercooler etc etc

was thinking about doing the exhaust and restrictor

but i dont want to run the engine on that extra power incase the turbo's explode and end up in my engine, resulting in a rebuild :D

i really want to avoid a rebuild at all costs...

LOL Wouldn't buy a 32 then.

Hahahaha^^^^^^

I ran a set of stock GTR turbos for ages on 15psi, no issues resulting from them (the tune i was on was a bit wrong though so its being rebuilt now)