SAU Community

Ford Egas Vehicles - False Economy?

Gav

I've just put my Ford dedicated gas (Egas) ute into the local dealer for it's 30,000km service (the first since I've owned it) and have been told that the service cost is expected to be more than $400!

Upon questioning what needs to be changed, it is only the oil, filter and air filter that will be changed - the rest is labour (at $125.75/hr thanks very much) to inspect the gas system!

With the decreasing margine between petrol and gas, the increased cunsumption of gas compared to petrol and the very high service costs, it appears there really isn't a huge saving in these vehicles.

Comments?

don't go to a dealer for the log book service - they are rip off artists. There are plenty of other palces you can go to without voiding your warranty.

IMO gas is still the way to go for economy without losing power. I take it the egas falcons are sequential injection?

I have a dedicated gas ford ute, i never took it to ford for log book servicing as my local Repco mechanic was half the price and was able to service without voiding the factory warranty. I definately save $$ over my petrol equivilant.

Edited by fieds83