SAU Community

Good Courier For Engines

Finny

Hi guys,

Just brought a new engine from Tuncurry, New South Wales.

I need to ship it and was just wondering if any one knows of a good currier to send it with and rough esstimate on price.

Edited by Finny

Regardless of whom you use, i'd highly suggest putting it on a pallet, wrap the engine in plastic so nothing comes off or touches it and if possible box it over with massive "fragile, do not stack" signs all over it.

Who did you go through floody, Also I need to get a crate or pallet or something for the engine, I heard that when Toll sent my mates RB30DET they charged like $100 to build a crate around it?

Also I don't have an ABN number so I can't get a Toll account otherwise I would go through them, so any suggestions were you dont need an account?

Highly doubt Toll would offer to build a crate, well unless ive been walking around the depot's with my eyes closed for the last 3.5yrs....

What would be ideal is 1 of our Toll Fashion metal pallet containers..... hrmm gives me ideas!

• 2 weeks later...

it might pay to check the price to melbourne... as it cost alot for freighting to tassie. even though its a short distance, you nearly pay more from melbourne than you pay for an engine (350ci) from the states via sea freight! it is insane

it should be cheap to melbourne, get a ute and go pick it up at the depot in melbourne only cost $60 each way for vehicle and a seat ticket for yourself about same. can be done on the weekend.

it might pay to check the price to melbourne... as it cost alot for freighting to tassie. even though its a short distance, you nearly pay more from melbourne than you pay for an engine (350ci) from the states via sea freight! it is insane

it should be cheap to melbourne, get a ute and go pick it up at the depot in melbourne only cost $60 each way for vehicle and a seat ticket for yourself about same. can be done on the weekend.

Pffft $180 delivered i wouldn't even think about dicking around with the boat, fuel and boat fee's would cost more than :glare:

$180 freight is pretty cheap, but is that with insurance? the price is pretty heffty for insurance via some freight companys.

couple of years back a guy from here bought his VT wagon back with big chrome wheels, but when it landed here and went to get it, it didnt have the chromies on it!, and the body was covered in gravel dust and scratches...

no insurance, nothing could be done...

another guy bought a small create with couple of parts for his torana and motor but when he opened it couple of genuine parts, carbs, and i think tunnel ram were gone...

no insurance, ouch!