SAU Community

pod filter probs

yesterday I put on a hks pod filter on my stock r33 series II. and blocked the hose going in to the stock blowoff valve (a mate told me it would sound mad) it actually sounds like a wrx in a way (I suggest trying it).

but ever since i put the car in this configuration, I feel a loss of power. any suggestions on why this is happening??

I thought that I should get an increase in power just by putting the pod on!!!

I thought about it and I'm thinking that maybe the standard exhaust is not copping with the amount of air that going in.

I didn't reset the ecu, i wouldn't have thought that it would be that bigger difference. I could be wrong??

anyway any suggestions would be welcome.

Dood, if you'be blocked the hose running out of the stock BOV that means that basically you are not using a BOV at all..which is a very very bad thing to do..hurts ya turbo a lot heeh

and yeah a simple air filter wont nab you any free power...

exhaust would though...

mc

:shake:

if the hose you blocked is the little one leading from the plenum then you problem is that the standard BOV blows open at about 5psi without this little hose connected

so thats where you loose your power the spring alone isnt strong enough to keep it closed on its own it needs the pressure that comes i from that hose to help it stay shut

Stop hot air getting in there and you might notice a slight improvement.?!?!?!

I'm not going to worry about going a pod filter.

It didn't show any power gain (1rwkw wow) on the dyno compared to the std air box with a bigger cold air intake and decent panel filter.

It might show more of a power increase when I start getting up around the 200rwkw mark btw.