SAU Community

Spotted Black R35 Gtr

humz

What's that got to do with it? They don't have a torque converter, so they are a manual. How you change gear is irrelevant.

Cheers

Gary

Agree, actualy they are better than normal manuals ( ones you push the clutch pedal)

What's that got to do with it? They don't have a torque converter, so they are a manual. How you change gear is irrelevant.

If we're talking semantics, what does a torque converter have to do if a car is auto or manual either?

Surely how the flywheel is connected to the driveshaft is about as relevant as whether you change gears with an electronic paddle or a direct mechanical connection to the gearbox.

I know this is going to sound dumb but what exactly are trade plates and how do you obtain them? How long can you drive with them for?

you should be in the trade and own a company that is in need of a trade plate, e.g workshop dealership etc. catch my drift? your allowed to drive on a trade plate from what im aware it just has to be to and from a destination e.g dealership to servo etc. not like you can take it on a cruise or anything :D

you should be in the trade and own a company that is in need of a trade plate, e.g workshop dealership etc. catch my drift? your allowed to drive on a trade plate from what im aware it just has to be to and from a destination e.g dealership to servo etc. not like you can take it on a cruise or anything :D

Ahhhh yeah I get you, cheers dude.

It seems that the application to SEVS was made for a reason. Now that it is on the list, Nissan have 18 months to apply (and meet all requirements) for a mass import licence. Otherwise they forfeit the right to import the car.... then "Hello imports".... the price will tumble, (not enough for me I fear!!).