SAU Community

R32 Compression Test

ZILR-34

hey guys

i just did a compression test on my R32 (rb20det) 121xxx kays on the clock. i did it on a hot engine and another when the engine was cold both i did with 'WOT' also the car atm is blowing white/grey smoke at cold start and goes away when the car gets warm. im thinking its the valve stem seals and its misfireing at high rpm..

as u all know different gauges give u different readings low or high.

HOT ENGINE | COLD ENGINE

----------------------------------------------

C1 - 122 psi | C1 - 123 psi

C2 - 119 psi | C2 - 118 psi

C3 - 120 psi | C3 - 116 psi

C4 - 122 psi | C4 - 120 psi

C5 - 120 psi | C5 - 119 psi

C6 - 121 psi | C6 - 120 psi

3psi difference | 7psi difference

let me know wat u guys think...

cheers

bill

my car had very similar results when i bought it, i asked the mechanic if it was a little low and he said its fine for a car that age.

meh its been fine for 30000k's although there seems to be a ticking noise developing which i think could be the injectors or possibly the lifters....

Rb20. Punish the thing until it dies and get another one and repeat. Its loves pain.. give it more. I think you are making it bored and its coughing in the mornings from lack of exercise.

besides drunk ramblings. compression looks ok to me... maybe your guage just reads lower than others )which you know). not much difference between the cylinders.

What do you plan on doing to the car? You want some power out of it or is it just to enjoy as it is?

On another note, if it were me i'd start to put some money away for a rainy day but enjoy the car until the inevitable happens, which could be a long way away. Depends how you drive it really.

Hope this makes you feel better.

on the pwer side of things. the rb20 is pushing 225rwkw's on. but i was planing to sell it just when this started:( wats the cheapest i can change the valve stem seals for?

on the pwer side of things. the rb20 is pushing 225rwkw's on. but i was planing to sell it just when this started:( wats the cheapest i can change the valve stem seals for?

i reckon it would be cheaper to just buy another rb20.... you can get them off ebay for $100 lol