SAU Community

My Skyline On A Diet

sidewayssam

hows it going, i have an r32 that im setting up for drift, its got all the good running geara dn everything but i want it to be more lighter, so far ive pulled the back seats out and stripped most of the sound deadner out, has anyone else tried to pull heeps of weight out of a r32 before? i know a few of u think stripping the interior is a dumb idea but i want to do it anyway as it will only be really used for track but remain street legal... any suggestions

Dont know how long your going to keep it legal Sam based on your recent experiences :D Pulling the interior out is hard corey...go for it

Things that should go...

A/C...if you have it

passenger seat

centre console

stereo and speakers

doors if you can afford fibre glass

Substitute perspex for the glass

fibreglass hood, boot lid and guards. Be careful though, if you can get GT-R guards and hood they might be lighter than the FG gear

Get a fixed drivers seat...recliners are heavy(ier)

Titanium exhaust FTW $$$$$$

Dont know how long your going to keep it legal Sam based on your recent experiences :D Pulling the interior out is hard corey...go for it

Things that should go...

A/C...if you have it

passenger seat

centre console

stereo and speakers

doors if you can afford fibre glass

Substitute perspex for the glass

fibreglass hood, boot lid and guards. Be careful though, if you can get GT-R guards and hood they might be lighter than the FG gear

Get a fixed drivers seat...recliners are heavy(ier)

Titanium exhaust FTW $$$$$$

cheers, i already took out the stereo and speakers, it has the gtr bonnet wich i have been told is lighter than the stock one,

i will be changing my seats after it is re registered as a two seater, i wanna get rid off the aircon as i dont use it, has anyone else pulled out there aircon? does it need a different belt or pulley, is it much work to get rid of a/c?

pretty sure the aircon runs its own belt.

Have you read through all the other weight reducing threads out there?

and what are you Fabricating as part of this, since anything you remove from your car that weighs alot will be structural therefore not changable and remain legal.

Sam

As Chris said there are somne threads that discuss weight reduction. From memory there was a pretty good one middle of last year in the motorsport section.

the fixed back seats and the interior out shoudnt be a problem in W.A. Same for the A/C. If its neat and tidy and doesnt comprimise the vehciles it integrity should be ok.