SAU Community

R34 Rim Choice

Granthem

New rim pics are up on PAGE 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi guys and grrls,

Well i have just ordered my new 19 inch rims for my R34

I have always loved the Koya Inox Imagines (yes popular but things become popular for a reason :yes: )

Anyway I have always liked silver cars with the shadow chrome colour rim, but the flat silver looks amazing in these rims too.

Anyway, I have seen heaps of photos with the flat silver but not many cars with the Hyper Black imagines, and this is the colour i have ordered.

any one have pics of the Hyper black imagines on any cars?

ive attached my car below, I guess im going to the sinister style look...

anyway im just after opinions on what you people prefer, did i make the right choice?

Im hoping people will say hyper black was the right choice! here is a pic of hyper blacks

117200676645db676e05980lp1.jpg

And some in the normal silver

117200680145db67917c611ov8.jpg

and normal silver on a R33

newrims6ik7.jpg

any opinions?

Edited by Granthem

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hypers for sure mate....coming from a guy with black rims on a white car! I like the darker rim look, it sets a great contrast to the car.

Cant wait to see the pics with your new rims on!

Very neat and simple design to accent the clean look of your car,

Hope you picked a decent offset, it will look schmick with a bit of dish

I had shadow chrome on my old silver r33 so hyper black was a good choice

You've got good taste mate, the only thing I'd add to your car would be Ganador side mirrors and it would look complete.

The only reason I haven't changed to ganadors myself is that I actually need to fold my mirrors in to squeeze my r34 in the garage, and it makes it much easier with a switch :(

Very neat and simple design to accent the clean look of your car,

Hope you picked a decent offset, it will look schmick with a bit of dish

I had shadow chrome on my old silver r33 so hyper black was a good choice

You've got good taste mate, the only thing I'd add to your car would be Ganador side mirrors and it would look complete.

The only reason I haven't changed to ganadors myself is that I actually need to fold my mirrors in to squeeze my r34 in the garage, and it makes it much easier with a switch :(

Cheers dude

Well Of course what you want and what is legal is always different lol. I was planning on 19*8 up front and 19*9 at the rear, however the 19*9 rims need a minimum of 245/35/19 to be legal, and they are too bigger rolling diameter to stay legal for my car here in QLD. So therefore I have to go 235/35/19s, which of course arent legal on a 9 inch rim.

So therefore i stuck with 19*8 all the way round with some 235/35/19s so that they are all legal. No use paying 1700 insurance per year just to blow it on wide rims lol

Nice nice Grant!! I'm in the same predicament - Not sure what rims to get or colour... I just want some DISH! So My GTR Rims will be up for sale soon :(

Can't wait to pics of your new boots!

Alicia xx

Damn lol. I was thinking of putting R34 GTR rims on except i didnt want to have to pay someone i didnt know and hope that rims arrive!!!! ahh well how much would you be chasing for them out of interest. PM me if you would like :teehee:

I shall post pics hopefully tuesday but more likely wednesday

Damn lol. I was thinking of putting R34 GTR rims on except i didnt want to have to pay someone i didnt know and hope that rims arrive!!!! ahh well how much would you be chasing for them out of interest. PM me if you would like :)

I shall post pics hopefully tuesday but more likely wednesday

Where are the pics of your new bling Grant?! I wanna seeeeeeeeeeee :P Not sure when my rims will be coming off, I don't mind them so I have a couple of other things on my to do list before rims - I'll sell them at a fair price though, they are in PERFECT condition - Not a scratch on them anywhere! Ryan wants them too - For his Evo?! WTF? Love that crazy lil man hehe

I'm sooooo excited! My FMIC & Coilovers have arrived from GReddy Japan :P:):D Saturday they go in, my oh my, am I pumped!!! GReddy says it's the 2nd largest FMIC they've ever made for a 34 GTR :) Woot woo! Cost a pretty penny but sooo worth it! My pics will be up Saturday night fa sheezy... Wanna see your new shoes!

Speak soon!

Alicia xx

They should be up by tomorrow arvy. gotta clean the tire good shit off and put some shine on. Plus the GF doesnt want me staring at rims all day, she wants me staring at her today (V day)

Pics will be coming though!

It has created the more evil style look ive been hoping for