SAU Community

Want To Get More Power.

if you have no mods whatsoever, i would say exhaust first, pod filter, injectors, wastegate actuator. all fairly simple, and decent power gains, 170-190rwkw for $2000-3000. then you can look at bigger turbo, intercooler, plenum, engine management, clutch, fuel pump, bov... for more serious power. probably up to 220-250rwkw for another $4000-7000.

it aint cheap. but most things you can get 2nd hand if youre not too fussy. just remember, the poor man pays twice. i replaced my stocko clutch 7 months ago, and now i need a new one for my new level of power.

if you can, have a drive of a modified skyline, and see how you like it.

I've got exhaust, pod, intercoller, fuel pump, cluch, bov and coil packs done already. Im sorta got a bugget of 14k, a bit of that will go into engine delailing. If i end up needing more cast ill just have to work harder. How relistic is 400hp?

Mate if I were you I would just do bolt ons with supporting mods and go for 400rwhp. With a correctly sized turbo it shouldn't be "that" laggy.

My mate is putting a rb26 into his r32 and going single turbo at the same time. He's budgeting somewhere between "10 - 15k" and he is doing alot of the work himself, and in the end he is still limited to about 450-500hp because the engine will still be stock.

Im looking for arond 400hp

any reason why you can up with than number? why not just build the car up with a good sized turbo so that it has down low power and plenty up top and go from there, rather than set your goal at a certain number or certain 1/4 mile time. you might get 400hp and have a car that is laggy as hell, and while you may be happy that you made 400hp, someone with 350hp may leave you for dead, and have a car that is much more responsive and much more fun to drive.

as someone said before, try and take someones car for a drive that has a few mods done to it and see what you think.

and why do people list a BOV as a performance mod? LOL

any reason why you can up with than number? why not just build the car up with a good sized turbo so that it has down low power and plenty up top and go from there, rather than set your goal at a certain number or certain 1/4 mile time. you might get 400hp and have a car that is laggy as hell, and while you may be happy that you made 400hp, someone with 350hp may leave you for dead, and have a car that is much more responsive and much more fun to drive.

as someone said before, try and take someones car for a drive that has a few mods done to it and see what you think.

and why do people list a BOV as a performance mod? LOL

400hp was just want i was looking for, dosent mater if lest as long as its nice to drive.

Edited by Stevemc88*

A thoughtfully modded 25 is a dynamite street package. My mate runs such a setup with around 260 rw killer wasps running basic mods.

hi flow

front mount

injectors

fuel pump

splitfires

Turbo back zorst

power fc.

decent clutch

It hauls arse and is very very driveable. Full boost around 3000 rpm and mid range to die for.

If its a solid street package you are looking for that is the way to go.