SAU Community

Is Anywhere Safe To Park Anymore?

93R33

today at regency tafe in the electrical car park one car was stolen and another owner walked out to find his car running with the door open, the thief was spooked when some people walked out. and it wasnt exactley an old car that u can start with a butter knife.

is there anywhere safe to park anymore, or are there just scum bags everywhere?

Serious? Again!? Last week a couple cars got broken into, 1x car that was stolen was ditched there sitting in the middle of the road in the car park and 1x car got stolen with another 1 or 2 they couldnt start so just caused the usual attempted damages(window, hole in panel/rooted lock, ignition).

and the TAFE car park is definitely NOT safe... cars there are sitting ducks waiting to be stolen... unfortunate but true.

When i was regency tafe a mates car got stolen and a nother come out to find a asian guy running of from his car of with one mag wheel sitting on the ground.Tafe said they put camras up but they got stolen aswell. Iv been told its ppl from a drop in center up the road from tafe.

Should start a thread called 'where not to park your car'!.. Prob be easier to start a thread called, 'where its safe to park your car' I think.

i was there 2day when it happened :) organizing gun license (it could help lol)

as i pulled in there was bout 10 ppl there standing around a red car, that was in the middle of the carpark with door open.

i parked next to a nice 33 though, but yeh thats not the point it is gettin stupid.

as i pulled out though there were a few ppl sittin on the other side of the road watchin everyone pull in and out. bit spooky.

Lock ur cars ppl n use steering wheel locks. i got one and no matter where i go it is always on when im not there.

dont worry bout wat other ppl say like "it will be fine" no it wont, u cant take a chance these days

I must say my paranoia has gone down dramatically in recent times. Remember 4-6 months ago there were at least two threads a week relating to stolen skylines. Hope I'm not speaking too soon but at least that seems to have quietened down, maybe some of them scumbags got arrested.

In reply to the first post, yes there are scum bags everywhere.

So cars are getin stolen from there then people are saying exactly what cars are been parked there.....not to smart ^

Whos the smart one here? The random stranger who sees such a great car and telling others about how one saw such a car how sick it is etc..... OR the owner of the car parking at such a high theft risk area. :pirate:

That is a good question though.

Is there anywhere safe to park your car? escpially in town on a fri / sat night. are there any car parks with good security?

Normally I take my daily in to town and use that as my car security system :pirate:

thats just rediculous, doesnt regency tafe have security guards walking around? a few of the other tafes have them walking around the carparks.

They have 2 but both are thick as shit

I used to always take my daily to tafe and park near the frount door but it used to suck on fridays after tafe couldnt show of for the boys lol Do they still have that prob with ppl laying rubber?

i got attacked in the other car park at that tafe and the tafe tried to tell me its not their property therefore they cant do anything :D it does however have tafe signs located around everywhere u park your car there.

but yeah anyways fortunately i won that fight and the police had a bit more to say about it than the tafe :P

Edited by gzilla

That is a good question though.

Is there anywhere safe to park your car? escpially in town on a fri / sat night. are there any car parks with good security?

Normally I take my daily in to town and use that as my car security system :)

RiverBank Carpark near Adelaide Convention center as it has a good CCTV and even Better Security with Dogs :D LvL 3 is the best to park on at the westen end as it has 2 CCTVs and is alos near the car park attendent

I live in the Ferryden Park area and the edit *insert ethnic minority here* running around here are thieving bastards. My car is securely locked up, club locked, and a baseball bat near the door at the ready! A two way alarm gets installed this weekend. Try and steal it mother farkers!

If you go driving around a car that screams "look at me, steal me!" then it will eventually happen. Only YOU are responsible for the security of your car. Security guards and CCTV will only 'watch' your ride get stolen. As my biker mates say, "harden the bollocks up" and do what needs to be done to protect your ride.

:)

Edited by Nightcrawler