SAU Community

Gt3540

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

INASNT, Evan of PSI Fabrication will make a tuned length manifold from steam pipe for $1200. His stuff is a work of art, and he has a very good reputation here in Adelaide for high quality work. That is with a T3 flange, he can make adaptors to GT25 too if needed. Alot of his work has been featured in HPI and Zoom, the only downside is he can take a while.

Guest INASNT
Originally posted by Steve

INASNT, Evan of PSI Fabrication will make a tuned length manifold from steam pipe for $1200.  His stuff is a work of art, and he has a very good reputation here in Adelaide for high quality work.  That is with a T3 flange, he can make adaptors to GT25 too if needed.  Alot of his work has been featured in HPI and Zoom, the only downside is he can take a while.

kool, found guy in melbourne who will do it for around $1400 in steam pipes. I will get the comp cover polished and a polished heat shield for the turbine side 2!!

Guest INASNT

the unique 1 looks like the stock manifold but just got a another pipe welded on for the ext gate, then its been hpc coated. It wont work good for big power as they are not equal lenght runners feeding into the turbo intake.

I still think a 38mm wastegate is too small for such a large turbo that's rated at 600hp. I think it would be equivalent to the HKS GT3240, as I believe that is rated at 600hp too? And I'm sure the kit for that turbo comes with the 50mm HKS wastegate, at least. The smallest HKS wastegate is 40mm.

My thoughts are the biggest problem with that manifold is hot spots that may increase the chance of warping the manifold. (Can you tell i have just warped my factory exhaust manifold)

I would tend to agree with you, and may have even thought that a 38mm wastegate is a little small, but the people that screw theses kits together have more experience with turbos then me, and would understand that the setup is a compromise based on cost.

Thats not to say that it will all end in tears, it MAY mean the turbo/engine performance isnt being maximised.

Originally posted by Lepperfish

HEy guys, just rang cgc and got quoted $3855.00 for garrett 3540 turbo with manifold to suit (rb25) and tial 38mm Gate.

Anyone know off anyone using this setup on an rb25 ?

Any constructive commment appreciated, thanks guys. :uh-huh:

ive got this set up on my car. actually got a gt3540r the twin ball bearing one with 42mm gate. its made over 500rwhp with a rb30. i will let you know friday what i wil be making as thats when it goes onto the dyno