SAU Community

Just had my R33 dynod today...

Originally posted by Roy13

I'm not quite sure the difference between your car and benm's

Franks car is yellow, my car is red... no red being faster is not a myth :D

I've posted them elsewhere but anyway....

1995 R33 GTS-T (red coz red is faster)

75,500km

Motul Engine Oil

FMIC

HKS Pod (no box or cold air feed)

2 stage boost controller (7psi / 12psi)

Custom 3" Front/Dump/Cat

Nismo 3" Cat-back

Standard Turbo

Standard ECU

Shootout mode

7psi = 190rwkw

12psi = 203rwkw (leaning out)

Standard mode

7psi = 177rwkw

12psi = 188rwkw

At the end of the day though its just numbers (hopefully that i'll turn into a 13.Xsec pass down the 1/4 in the not too distant future).

I'm also confident that I can get it alittle higher, maybe another 5-8rwkw from afew more cheap mods over the next 2-3mths.

dyno-203rwkw.jpg

a std R33 has only 138rwkw's

Thats debatable as it depends on the condition of the ending. But yeah ~140rwkw is probably about right.

what is a FMIC?

Front Mount Intercooler.

benm, you think all stock ecu's run close to 12:1 afr at 12psi and have the afr line anywhere near close to that??? i dont think so dude!!! :D you have a chipped stocky ecu. stock ecu's with stock boost run around 10.5:1 afr! yours is being leaned out somehow and i suspect thats the reason for your very impressive dyno results.

as for my car, i'm happy with the power its making, its not all about peak power, its the area under the graph that counts. that said, i know where i can find power, my intake pipe is crushing under load i need to replace it with a fabricated pipe, as the HPI 34 did...

Benm this is what a std computer does, the lowest line is std boost at the time i think 8psi. The next line 14psi and the top line 12psi. Look at you 12 psi compared to mine std computers trip out over the mass of air going throught the air flow meter.

All R33 with FMIC, aftermarket computers and 15psi of boost only just make 203rwkw, just curios as to what is going on, my main idea is that you boost gauge is telling porkies! You may actually be running 15psi. Your injectors arn't going lean as they are good for about 215rwkw's.

All R33 with FMIC, aftermarket computers and 15psi of boost only just make 203rwkw

Says who? Theirs no rule or law that says all cars make the same amount of power with the same mods. Infact i'd give u $100 if u could find 2 cars with identical mods making identical power outputs.

my main idea is that you boost gauge is telling porkies!

Whats my boost guage got to do with anything? The boost "gauge" has nothing to do with a dyno run. The boost is measured on the computer (Alot more accurately too).

Your injectors arn't going lean as they are good for about 215rwkw's.

Technically and in theory yes, but my injectors are 8yrs old and so is my fuel pump so who knows what they are "actually" running at. One thing I have learnt with cars (and dyno runs) is that you can't expect to bolt on the same mod as the guy (or gal) next to you and expect the same power increase, coz it just doesn't happen.

Also like i said... at the end of the day its just numbers. I'm 20sec slower around a track than a stock R33 considering I have more power. It doesn't all come down to power, thats just 1 thing of many.

I'm now chasing that 20sec not the 20kw.

Robo's, that's pretty normal. The higher the pressure the more fuel the ECU usually dumps in unless dictated otherwise by tuning. When you see the opposite it means you have maxed out your fuel system (pump/injectors).

Benm i'm not trying to give you a hard time , and i'm not all R33 with these mods get 203rwkw just that 203 is the most i've ever seen with all these mods they seen to vary from 190 to 203rwkw's with those mods.

My sugesting you boost gauge is saying i have never seen a R33 produce 203rwkw on 12psi, so my sugestion being maybe the dyno's preasure sensor is incorectly calibrated and you were actually producing 15psi. As you do have a 95 which seem to be the go with std computers!!

You have a point with your injectors but with problems as you sugest a graph of air fuel would not be so perfect i am to think. I am telling you this as nobody could give me any feed back on my dyno sheet.

If you wish to gain time not kw's i suggest using a plenom that faces the front mount and reducing the length of all the pipes and maybe diametre if you are going to only use the std turbo.