SAU Community

Superlap Timeattack Is Ago!

giant

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah it was that gunmetal 1 pictured, as I took those pics a person got in it and drove off and it left an oil line all the way through the back pits until it was out of sight. I reckon their would have been easily 0.5L of oil just sitting in the spare wheel part of the boot - probably just a couple of loose fittings or something but I personally couldn't drive my car up and down my own driveway if it was like that let alone at a track.

The oil in the boot was due to the dry sump tank being slightly overfull so it did drop a little oil probably around 2-300ml out of the breather. Once at the right level the engine doesnt breath at all. Must apoligize for the oil trail though i was unaware that the small rubber bung was not it the wheel well to stop any spills untill after i took the car out for my last session.

The oil in the boot was due to the dry sump tank being slightly overfull so it did drop a little oil probably around 2-300ml out of the breather. Once at the right level the engine doesnt breath at all. Must apoligize for the oil trail though i was unaware that the small rubber bung was not it the wheel well to stop any spills untill after i took the car out for my last session.

looks :)

very average job old mate!!

looks :)

very average job old mate!!

Please do tell me what is average about the set up in this car as i stated the oil was only due to being overfull and is usualy never an issue. once cleaned up and with the oil at the correct level there wasn't a problem and the engine does not breath at all. If you think that this is a very average job please include some consrtuctive critisism you must have some experiance building track cars yourself to come to this conclusion. I would welcome seeing some of your handywork.

Here is a picture of the gunmetal gtr dry sump setup. That boot was absolutely covered in oil and it left a trail of oil on the ground everywhere it went out in the pits.

post-1296-1215774197_thumb.jpg

This is the BSM setup, that car is immaculate from every angle...

post-1296-1215774387_thumb.jpg post-1296-1215774442_thumb.jpg

Please do tell me what is average about the set up in this car as i stated the oil was only due to being overfull and is usualy never an issue. once cleaned up and with the oil at the correct level there wasn't a problem and the engine does not breath at all. If you think that this is a very average job please include some consrtuctive critisism you must have some experiance building track cars yourself to come to this conclusion. I would welcome seeing some of your handywork.

old mate

fair enough. i can understand your logic. once all the oil leak out. then it wont leak anymore(when all the engine oil run out) :)

compare two pictures. dont you think other set up looks neater?

also. i dont have any experience with building race car.

cheers

Fairly strong words for a second post peter eddie :D

actually it was his first lol

old mate

fair enough. i can understand your logic. once all the oil leak out. then it wont leak anymore(when all the engine oil run out) :)

cheers

i'll have a guess and say ur from NL?

old mate

fair enough. i can understand your logic. once all the oil leak out. then it wont leak anymore(when all the engine oil run out) :bunny:

cheers

Seeing as the engine holds around 12L of oil I hardly think that 2-300ml is a problem and as stated this is never ususally an issue. On this occasion the owner of the car simply sightly overfilled the dry sump tank.

Yes the set up in the other car is a bit neater but in no way does that make this an average set up.

Just for your information this car came 8th outright against a feild that is considered to be the best of the best in Australia. All the cars that where quicker were either race teams that race in the improved production catagory every other weekend or were built by professional workshops and are heavily sponsored cars all with drivers with considerably more on track experiance. In comparrison this car was built in my shed in my backyard and I am by no means a professional and dont even work in the automative industry so I would regard this as a extremely good effort and an achievment I am quite proud of. :P

Just a word of advise I would keep the negitive comments and opinion to yourself if you have nothing constructive to say. Especially seing as you only just joined the forum and in your first post you commence to bag someones efforts. And by your own admission you have no experiance building race cars. I would be surprised if you even knew how a dry sump set up functioned. Maybe once you have achieved somethind of any noteriaty you will be in a position to pass judgment as it is all to easy to be a keyboard warrior.

Seeing as the engine holds around 12L of oil I hardly think that 2-300ml is a problem and as stated this is never ususally an issue. On this occasion the owner of the car simply sightly overfilled the dry sump tank.

Yes the set up in the other car is a bit neater but in no way does that make this an average set up.

Just for your information this car came 8th outright against a feild that is considered to be the best of the best in Australia. All the cars that where quicker were either race teams that race in the improved production catagory every other weekend or were built by professional workshops and are heavily sponsored cars all with drivers with considerably more on track experiance. In comparrison this car was built in my shed in my backyard and I am by no means a professional and dont even work in the automative industry so I would regard this as a extremely good effort and an achievment I am quite proud of. :)

Just a word of advise I would keep the negitive comments and opinion to yourself if you have nothing constructive to say. Especially seing as you only just joined the forum and in your first post you commence to bag someones efforts. And by your own admission you have no experiance building race cars. I would be surprised if you even knew how a dry sump set up functioned. Maybe once you have achieved somethind of any noteriaty you will be in a position to pass judgment as it is all to easy to be a keyboard warrior.

Old mate

looks like you very care on people's comment. but nice backyard job!!

All i said is average job compare with others. thats it.

end of the day. who care that much old mate.

car done well in 8th. :)

Well done on 8th dazmo, ive seen your shed and the quality of the cars and workmanship in there is nothing short of superb!

Hope to see your car at qr sometime :)

Thanks mate was really happy with the result the car went really well. Funny how some poeple have an expert opinion when they are more than likley incapable of achieving anything close to this themself (I suppose it is to be expected when kids get on a forum though). Will definatley be back at QR at the next time attack meeting with the R32 (26R32) so if you see me there come and say hi. I am currently building my R33GTR track car and it should not be to far off might have it at the next time attack day aswell will just have to see how i go for time. I wil start a new thread in the next few days with some pics of the 33 build. :)

Thanks mate was really happy with the result the car went really well. Funny how some poeple have an expert opinion when they are more than likley incapable of achieving anything close to this themself (I suppose it is to be expected when kids get on a forum though). Will definatley be back at QR at the next time attack meeting with the R32 (26R32) so if you see me there come and say hi. I am currently building my R33GTR track car and it should not be to far off might have it at the next time attack day aswell will just have to see how i go for time. I wil start a new thread in the next few days with some pics of the 33 build. :)

Dazmo, I know how you feel mate, being a backyarder myself. Its hard to compete with the big workshops in both $$ and development. When you do well you get stupid people making comments about things they don't even have a grasp on. We have been asked by various people to come corner racing, and when we do we are not made feel welcome. Are we a threat to their masquerade of being the experts?, with great results from next to no development and only a little track time. Others like comments before don't even justify a response. Im not in the trade either as im an electrical engineer by day, but have been building engines and cars since i was 16 (my dad is a mechanical engineer). All the best with the car mate...see you in the top 5 at the next event.

Paul.

Edited by DiRTgarage

Damn, some impressive cars. :D

Not sure if these videoclips have been posted.

I think that off corner is in this video clip (Adz is at 1:32 in the video clip, followed by the R35 GTR) -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCIipO4kke4...feature=related

R35 GTR at Superlap -

Incar footage of a R32 GTR at Superlap -

I'm amazed at the 4wd Pajero?? in the first video clip at 3:29. Would be interesting to see what lap times he was achieving.

Another video clip -

Evo rolled at Superlap -

Edited by SKYPER

Dazmo, I know how you feel mate, being a backyarder myself. Its hard to compete with the big workshops in both $$ and development. When you do well you get stupid people making comments about things they don't even have a grasp on. We have been asked by various people to come corner racing, and when we do we are not made feel welcome. Are we a threat to their masquerade of being the experts?, with great results from next to no development and only a little track time. Others like comments before don't even justify a response. Im not in the trade either as im an electrical engineer by day, but have been building engines and cars since i was 16 (my dad is a mechanical engineer). All the best with the car mate...see you in the top 5 at the next event.

Paul.

We should have a Superlap on Sat and a 1/4 mile shoot out on Sunday.

It should stop some of the :D on this board :)

Well done to all of those who competed. I am sure you all gained a lot of experience and had hell load of fun.

I wish I can be there for the next one.

It should stop some of the :D on this board :)

SuperLap did stop the BS, it showed which cars are 'sorted' and which need more work and it did this all from the laptimes.

Drivers, Owners, Workshops, etc can say whatever they like, at the end of the day the laptimes are there to show the cars that were setup right for the day.