SAU Community

Rb25de...want 2 Make Faster...and Suggestions?

I wanna make my 1998 R34 RB25DE skyline faster....I heard it is very difficult to put a turbo in it...i don't know alot about cars butr i know so so amount...I need suggestions from u guys...what will make it faster...Because ive searched everything and its very hard 2 find parts for this engine....maybe because its a n/a engine...but im not sure plz help....Thanx :cool:

Youre in Okinawa, Japan, and asking us??? lol...

Well four principals - suck, squeeze, bang, blow... Induction, compression, ignition, exhaust....

Get a decent filter and cold air induction setup to keep intake temps down. HKS/Apexi filter in factory box is fine.

Up the compression by using a thinner head gasket if you wanna go through the trouble.

Some adjustable cam gears maybe, and tune your ignition timing...?

Grab a set of extractors, and a full exhaust with a high flow catalytic converter. Prob no larger than a 2.5 or 2 3/4" system.

For better launches, get yourself some steeper diff gears. Will give you more torque, but your revs will be a little higher as you are cruising around.

Should give you decent gains. theres probably heaps of stuf there that others will add to or correct me on.

Or.... post in the "naturally aspirated performance" for non-turbo mods, "forced induction performance" for turbo etc.

Youre in Okinawa, Japan, and asking us??? lol...

Well four principals - suck, squeeze, bang, blow... Induction, compression, ignition, exhaust....

Get a decent filter and cold air induction setup to keep intake temps down. HKS/Apexi filter in factory box is fine.

Up the compression by using a thinner head gasket if you wanna go through the trouble.

Some adjustable cam gears maybe, and tune your ignition timing...?

Grab a set of extractors, and a full exhaust with a high flow catalytic converter. Prob no larger than a 2.5 or 2 3/4" system.

For better launches, get yourself some steeper diff gears. Will give you more torque, but your revs will be a little higher as you are cruising around.

Should give you decent gains. theres probably heaps of stuf there that others will add to or correct me on.

Or.... post in the "naturally aspirated performance" for non-turbo mods, "forced induction performance" for turbo etc.

Shorter diff gears you mean.......like 4.3:1

You wont get very good value for money with any upgrades to the NA engine. ie. you'll spend a lot of money for even 20-30kw increase.

Your fuel economy will also probably suffer. Fuel economy would be the #1 reason to own a NA skyline IMO.

If you're not concerned about fuel economy, be aware that a turbo skyline will be a better option than modding your NA one.

It will cost less to sell and buy a turbo skyline than to increase the performance of you NA skyline to the level of a stock turbo one.

If you're just after mild gains then yeah, exhaust, intake, and maybe some tuning? but be realistic about how much power you want and whether you can live with the louder exhaust.

Something to think about. :P

I wanna make my 1998 R34 RB25DE skyline faster....I heard it is very difficult to put a turbo in it...i don't know alot about cars butr i know so so amount...I need suggestions from u guys...what will make it faster...Because ive searched everything and its very hard 2 find parts for this engine....maybe because its a n/a engine...but im not sure plz help....Thanx :D

honestly... sell your non turbo and get a turbo car..

why didnt you buy one to start with if you wanted a fast car.

It was like when i was into 200sx's.. soo many damn posts about " hi i got a CA18DE auto and i want to convert to to a SR20det + manual "

its called saving up those extra bucks and getting it later, then something you dont want now.

sheese