SAU Community

Some opinions on this pioneer package plz?

Mr.cluk

All brand new pioneer equipment:

8.5 inch speakers are 20cm 3 way TS-E2095

Amplifier is GMX542 - http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/Pioneer/...29,1508,00.html

10" Subwoofer TS-W254C - 500watt

And installation kit is An Aerpro A659 or something like that.

i'm really new to car audio and stuff.. and

its being offered to me for $800... is it worth it?

i've heard that i shouldn't bother with 10" subs... but like.. i dont eactly care about making things around me shake.. as long as it does the job inside..

plz help

also.. i didnt even kno there were 8.5inch speakers :)?

If you want a minimal fuss installation, go for it. $800 is a fairly good price for that package. It's Pioneer which means it's good quality. Can't go too wrong. However, it's not the best. You could go and buy seperate components and build a better system than that - but it'd probrably cost more. So like i said, if you want a minimal fuss budget installation go for that package.

Oh and just to add. 8.5" Speakers are gonna be a pain to install up front. 6" is the largest you can go for doors without making pods. 8.5"s are gonna be very bassy - 6"s are quite bassy as it is.

As far as people telling you not to bother with 10" subs that is bull****. a 8" subwoofer can make a car shake, you know. a 10" will deliver a nice punchy, responsive bass sound. You'll be pretty happy with it and i'm sure you'll be surprised. Remember - Bigger isn't ALWAYS better.

Ryan