SAU Community

Custom Or Modified Sump For Rb25det?help Plz

kretch

Hey I have a rb25det which is out of a stagea which is all wheel drive and the original sump incorporates the front diff however i want to put this engine in my cefiro. I have a normal rear wheel drive sump and it is not quite as wide and also the oil pick up is in a different spot (not by much though) does anyone know where i could get myn modified or a custom one made up if need be?? Thanks

where are you located? might help people to suggest workshops local to you that could help you out.

Sumps arent too difficult to modify, but can be pricey,

show us a pic of the sump you have, you might be able to get it welded up to remove the front shafts like is done with the GTR sumps

ok cheers anyway i found Stewart Wilkins Motorsport in Mulgrave will cut the the diff of the side of the sump and weld grind then wel up the holes. Reasonable price for the job to i think.

u better make sure they remove the front diff aswell, no point in keeping it

mind pm'ing me the price u got? i got a spare rb20det off a gts4 i cud use as a spare

Edited by Dan_J

• 2 weeks later...

just an update got my sump back, dummy fit the engine in and the front of the sump only JUST touchs the front sway bar, so goin to do a bit of grinding and she should be all good, its a tight squeeze all round but.