SAU Community

Hassled By Cops

ginger

Hey all,

I currently have a helmet cam that i never used for my bike racing, and was wondering if it would be worth it to install in my car, hooked up to a hard drive.

Since i bought my car, i use it as a daily driver to and from work, and just to cruise around in, im not a hoon, but the cops are attracted to the skyline with red p's thinking it is a turbo, and every time i get pulled over i get a mouth full.

My aim is to install the camera and record every time i get pulled over, have a little sticker that the cops can read stating that they "may be recorded" in a hope to stop them abusing me.

Whats every ones opinion on this? as i am tired of being pulled over and abused by the cops.

Cheers

Dave

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, what do they say to you?

I wouldnt suggest putting in a camera.. coz it might be illegal... but seeing as you're warning them... cant see a problem with it.

Being hassled by cops sucks ass... As I'm a p-plater and I'm looking to buy an r33 so I will probably be getting attention for that..

Cops shouldnt hassle p-platers based on their cars..

lol, put up a sign in ur back window saying 'No,. it's NOT a turbo'

I know a cop who pulls over skylines simply because he hates them.. what a douche huh?

So, camera might be a good idea but also a bad one..

Catch ya!

Mon

Get a huge sticker for rear window "NON TURBO" but I'd guess that would be like adverting you have no left nut and defeats the purpose of driving an NA line (looks fast, goes slow)...I do like the camera idea

Well, a number of things,

Ive been pulled over because they thought i was of ethnic apperance, when in fact im not tanned and i have light brown hair.

Ive been pulled over and had a mouthing to because of dark window tint whihc is 100% legal.

Ive been followed by under cover cops all the way to my mates houses and turn sirens on when i have stopped and turned the car off.

Ive had them open my door and step on the accelerater trying to prove its a turbo, when its obviously not.

ive been pulled over and had my engine bay searched.

My pod filter makes a good sucking noise, and have been questioned many times over this, but its fully sealed in a box.

But there seems to be nothing i can do to avoid being pulled over except for not driving, has any one else experienced this, or is it because i was born a ginger and have bad luck for life :D

I record what they say with my blackberry, but I make sure to let them know...

I only do it if I get attitude straight up that I can't defuse with a joke or something... sometimes people (and yes, they are people under those clothes) just have a shit day... some people can't control outbursts or their anger... It's a job after all, and most jobs can suck...

Smart move with the black berry,

Thats why i was thinking a small sticker above the drivers door, that they can cleary read, like what you see on taxis, "You may be recorded" hoping that they may relise that im not just a dumb p' plater and mummy and daddy bought my car, when i actually bought it myself and worked hard to drive a nice car.

Get a huge sticker for rear window "NON TURBO" but I'd guess that would be like adverting you have no left nut and defeats the purpose of driving an NA line (looks fast, goes slow)...I do like the camera idea

got any circuit times?

Recently the LAC (local area command) from Camden relocated their highway patrol unit to Picton (where I live). I rarely was pulled over before this unit came to town, but I am regulary pulled over for "RBT's" now. I have come to understand from my constant run ins with the local coppers that there is another silver R33 doing the rounds in the local area, acting the fool all the time. Apparently I am often mistaken for 'that' other car...

I'm not a P-Plater and have never been fined for any driving offence. Initially I was put through the defect runs, pop the bonnet, run your revs to 3500rpm for noise check, but now they pull me over and have a bit of a joke.

I'd put the sticker there, but not advertise it... It may make them more pissed and try to pin you for things rather then try and scare a red P-Plater into being a good driver (not saying that you aren't, but there is a negative social stigma relating to red-p's and supposedly quick cars)...

If they are always pulling you over in the same area, they should get to know your car... oh and dont play F*!k the police with the windows down full ball!

Ill keep that in mind,

Its not my local area that i get pulled over, only once by under cover, its allways when im out just driving around, or when i go on long trips that i get pinned.

On behalf of SAU, Welcome to the joys of owning an import.

As much positive attention a skyline gets, you will get equally as much negative attention. Get used to it!!!

As long as you dont do anything stupid that is.

On behalf of SAU, Welcome to the joys of owning an import.

As much positive attention a skyline gets, you will get equally as much negative attention. Get used to it!!!

As long as you dont do anything stupid that is.

+1

We (the SAU QLD members) were on a cruise last weekend, as we were drivin along, some guy in a shitty lil mazda 121 bubble winds down his window and yells "piece of sht"

there u have a nice example of the bad attention, along wit ur horrible run ins with the popo, i dont think the camera is a bad idea, but the idea of recording the convo on the phone is good too... though u dont get the picture so it may not be as admissable should the cop do something wrong, ie: cant prove that it was a cop

When you get pulled over just wind your window down and say "Cops are tops" with a cheesy grin...

On a serious note... just take it with a grain of salt... you get pulled over .. so what? No one gets hurt.. your day goes on...

Like PAV34 said it's expected that you get pulled over.. esp when you have a performance car... just the way it is.. if you can't handle it then buy another car... but it would be much easier to just get over it..

And besides.. under the Listening Devices Act it is illegal to record someone without their permission.. and I'm not just talking cops here.. that goes for anyone and everyone..

You could get charged so I'd advise against using the camera... it would be dismissed in court if you were to try and use it.. it's not going to deter cops from pulling you over..

Edited by missusR34GT

Recently the LAC (local area command) from Camden relocated their highway patrol unit to Picton (where I live). I rarely was pulled over before this unit came to town, but I am regulary pulled over for "RBT's" now. I have come to understand from my constant run ins with the local coppers that there is another silver R33 doing the rounds in the local area, acting the fool all the time. Apparently I am often mistaken for 'that' other car...

hello, i am from tahmoor. but i drive a black r33 so its not me giving you grief i swear. see my recent topic about the c**t purple ss.

And besides.. under the Listening Devices Act it is illegal to record someone without their permission.. and I'm not just talking cops here.. that goes for anyone and everyone..

interesting, i was recorded by a cop today without him mentioning it/asking my permission. he didnt seem to think it was an issue.

interesting, i was recorded by a cop today without him mentioning it/asking my permission. he didnt seem to think it was an issue.

how did he record you? hmm.. ok well there's a good example of a dumb cop.. because he should know by law that anything he records without your permission is inadmissable in court... was this someone from Picton Police?.. My mother in-law lives in Tahmoor.. I've never been pulled over and I go there about twice maybe three times a week.. actually I've never been pulled over full-stop.. I just think some people are unlucky..

up untill my car was on the road back in 2006 i was pulled over for many things, loud exhausts (track pipe out the side of the car), rbt (the engine bay search to try to find the air pod i just say i dont have one then they say you must have one it will f**k up your engine.

once or twice for letting the clutch slip in 3rd around a nice sweeping corner........ my bad

some other road offence that i wont mention.

like i say up until then i was black listed, couldnt go for a sensible cruise without being pulled ova and fined/defectd.

now the rumours goin round the coast atm, i live in the gong which i dont, i rapped my car around a pole. (i think ppl are confusing that for emlye Dousetts crash at wyoming). my cars fine.

and as much as the cops are doin their job as best they can i have learned to hate them.

how did he record you? hmm.. ok well there's a good example of a dumb cop.. because he should know by law that anything he records without your permission is inadmissable in court... was this someone from Picton Police?

well i assume he was wearing a recorder of some description. halfway into the piece i got the shits with something he said, so just to be a smartass i asked if he was recording it. he said he was, and i asked why he didnt feel it necessary to advise me of such, he claimed he didnt need to...

either way, the recording, if admitted in court will back up my story, because i vehemently denied all wrongdoing. and if they dont admit it, then they will look like fktards when i tell the magistrate of how they illegally recorded me.

how did he record you? hmm.. ok well there's a good example of a dumb cop.. because he should know by law that anything he records without your permission is inadmissable in court...

OOps.. scratch that.. I was misinformed.. NSW Police have the right to record you without your permission.. but civillians cannot record police by law..

Highway Patrol usually have a small microphone on their belt and they may record you whenever they please.. it's unfair I know... but yeh that's life.. it sucks.. I hate cops... rah rah... etc etc..

Look I think people just need to get over it. Police have a job to do.. ... Sh*t happens..