SAU Community

R32 Vs R34 Na

Hey guys a mate of mine is thinking of buying a r32.

ive been thinking of buying one off and on for some time now.

i am also a green P plate driver and 20 years old.

i really like r32s. but with the stupid law of only been able to drive a NA.

is it worth spending a few grand extra for a r34 coupe rb25de over a r32 rb20de?

also is a NA r34 avaliable with leather interior?if so what year model.

im looking to sell my bmw 318i to pay for some schooling/travel. then later on spend around 15k....on the r32/r34.

since r34s have dropped prices ive been thinking of them.

but the problem with a r34 could be that cost and maintenance prices could cost a bit more because a newer model rather than the r32?

what are some pros/cons of both if you could help me out that would be great/!

Hey mate,

pretty sure that r34 NA were never produced with leather interior, but you can pick up leather seat covers for about $500. There is a deal going on in the group buys I think.

When it comes to maintenance you will probaly spend more on a r32 simply because of the age of the vehicle. More prone to simple things breaking. You can pick up r34s that still feel like and drive like new.

beware however with buying NA Skyline, you may find it real hard to resell it, and the value of the car will drop so much quicker than their turbo'd brothers.....

good luck with your decision :rant:

hmm good idea..... but hten again there will be more p platers in the future to by mine hehee. nah i understand what you mean.

i was thinking of a supra or lexus is200. but there are sooo many supras out there i thought i wouldnt bother. but on car sales theres only a few non turbo r34s. seem pretty rare to be honest.

either that or a golf vr6? the mkiv are expencive though.......

if i bought the vr6 i could drive that till im off my greens and then go a gttr34........

help please! haha

Since your planning on upgrading to a better car once you get of your p's, you shouldn't buy an expensive first car which your not planning on keeping for long, saves you from all the headache when coming to resale not too mention the $$$$ you will lose. Buy a shitter ..... wait ..... wait .... Buy the 34 R... Simple.

If your going for a 34 NA get the GT-V model its probably the best option as it comes with all the turbo running gear minus the turbo so if in future you want to go turbo all you will need to do is replace the motor. GT-V interiors are the same as the turbo spec too.

Hey mate,

pretty sure that r34 NA were never produced with leather interior, but you can pick up leather seat covers for about $500. There is a deal going on in the group buys I think.

When it comes to maintenance you will probaly spend more on a r32 simply because of the age of the vehicle. More prone to simple things breaking. You can pick up r34s that still feel like and drive like new.

beware however with buying NA Skyline, you may find it real hard to resell it, and the value of the car will drop so much quicker than their turbo'd brothers.....

good luck with your decision :D

I agree with Jeffboy.. how long will you have the car for??? if you're only going to have it a little while I suggest you buy a shitty $500 car, save your money and then buy something really nice.. 32's are older ie more maintenance and if it sh*ts itself more money wasted.. R34's are nice but once again you need to think about how much money you want to spend.. maintenance can be very expensive... I say put your money away.. buy a sh*tter, save more $$$ then spend your money on something you really want and that your going to keep for a while.. otherwise it's just not worth it..