SAU Community

Strange Squeaking Sound!

hoony

hey guys i need some major help...

(i posted this in mechanical but nobody is helpful at all) anyways... here goes:

every time i drive, EVERY TIME... whether it be slight acceleration to soft and/or hard braking AND when i go on soft bumps i hear this strange squeaking sound coming from my right hand side...

let me try to explain it a tiny bit better...

it's like a squeaking/squealing/whistling sound that is related to bumps in the road like also similar to when a tyre is flat but the flat tyre can be heard on a stand still...

this is only heard when car is in motion and has been like this for around a week now

i HAD an idea that it could be one of my air screw things because i only have 3 out of the 4 on my wheels so one of my wheels is missing the air screw thing (you know, the one you take off to pump air into the tyres) yeah and thought it was that, i changed it from the back to the front (still on the right hand side) and didn't notice a difference in the volume, in saying that i haven't changed it to the left but i don't think it could be that either...

it's also a similar sound to where your locknuts are loose and the further you drive the looser they get, they have that weird metal on metal scraping sound... i've checked my nuts, they seem to be quite tight (LOL that sounded quite funny but please keep the jokes to yourself) so i don't think it's them either...

ANYBODY have a theory they can throw at me?

i am just hoping it's not my suspension or my wheels as i suspect and that i just seriously don't want to find myself losing a wheel on the freeway or whatever during peak etc. well losing my wheel or having my car fall flat on its hole because of it...

any guidance would be insanely appreciated, i'm stressing here!

cheers,

Andrew

P.S: i have an unknown suspension setup, car was brought from japan basically as is, yet to find out what suspension it has... ta

i also tightened my lock nuts today, they were already tight as so it's obvious it's not them and i'm also pretty sure it's not my brake pads, they have heaps of life left in them!!!

Yeh, its something around there. Did you want to bring it over and I'll pull ur wheel off and have a look for you. I was thinking something along the lines or bearings or something. Altho I dont think Skylines have any grease nipples? Txt me if ur interested mate. I'll see what I can do.

no no, its a gerbal aint it Andrew...lol... such a funny word!!

Joo lost ya gerbal innit!!

yeah prob suspension dood...

BTW, ANYONE KNOW HOW TO DO TIMING ON 34... NEED IT DONE... FREE OF COURSE...LOL

Edited by A31StRuCK

Another thing that happened with my R33 was my intercooler piping was slightly touching the inside bit of the front bar at the bottom, where they had cut in order to fit it in the first place, so was making this sweaking sound while driving and when going over bumps etc, have you got an after market FMIC?

try playing with the little lock pins in the centre of ya wheel... i got it once, i was the only one that could hear it too... played with em, as in pulled them out and put em back in so they were tighter.... worked for me, spray a little crc, sweet as!!

Edited by A31StRuCK