SAU Community

Apexi Power Intake (induction)

Hey guys

Im new to typing on skylines Australia i made this account 2 years ago when i was 15 so it seems dead i just didnt have a skyline to talk about .... now i do :ninja: .Anyway im looking at getting a Apexi power intake and like a bit of WOOSH. I know sticking the pod in and enclosing it is the whole deal with N.S.W but i want to know if there is a way where i can bring on the sucking sound with my N/A (dosnt have to be heard down the street 100m im just looking for enough so if i hit the accelerator you can hear it :D )

Hit me with the ideas?!?! :D

Thanks

Andrew

you wont ever hear it on an n/a as much because there isnt a turbo sucking loads of air

if you have an aftermarket exhaust you have no hope of hearing the pod..

What are you on about?!!!

The induction on an N/A Skyline can make a heap of noise. The induction on mine fair screams and drowns out Hoondah's as you pass them. My exhaust is aftermarket too...

It'll make more noise if you crank the timing up, your 2.5 can make more power than that, my 2.0 does.

On the filter/induction thing, do a search, there are heaps of threads around here on it.

Edited by screamin'

You'll hear it.. It will reverberate within the box..

Its to do with frequencies.. I dont fully understand it.. but the volume will be amplified within the box once it reaches it resonating requency.

Thats what I would think so anyways.. but i could be completely wrong.. ;)

Pods are quite loud anyways and I dont think you'll have any problems hearing it..

Edited by GTS4WD

What are you on about?!!!

The induction on an N/A Skyline can make a heap of noise. The induction on mine fair screams and drowns out Hoondah's as you pass them. My exhaust is aftermarket too...

It'll make more noise if you crank the timing up, your 2.5 can make more power than that, my 2.0 does.

On the filter/induction thing, do a search, there are heaps of threads around here on it.

exactly - thats what a lot of the noise is on worked high power n/a v8s and hipo n/a 4 cylinders

the snarl of the throttle opening up and sucking in masses of air.....