SAU Community

Quick Question

Oddy man

So the short of it is, a mate has a set of r33 s2 struts floating around.

Will they fit my s1 Stagea?

In related matters, my current struts creak rather alarmingly on braking, I'm quite sure it isn't a sign of serious trouble, but the noise is discomforting nonetheless.

So is there a way to stop this?

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

funny

mine doesnt

Series one

RS4

Dayz

same thing he has

I have R33 suspension (coilovers) on it

ZERO problems

i mean, i can go take pictures if youd like.

REALLY funy part

GTR and GTST fronts...are the same, just different valving and springs....

the rears are the different ones.....

again

yes it will work

so they've different connectors on the front and back?

so I'll be half right? :P

Before we go further

Yokotas, are your struts GTR or GTST struts?

If the fronts are the same on gtr/gtst thena full set of gtst struts will fit on the Stagea?

Edited by Oddy man

so they've different connectors on the front and back?

so I'll be half right? :P

Before we go further

Yokotas, are your struts GTR or GTST struts?

If the fronts are the same on gtr/gtst thena full set of gtst struts will fit on the Stagea?

yes

R33 GTST will fit on yoru stagea

well I'm getting them for the price of postage from QLD so I can only try

plus they'll have a decent resale value around here considering the number of r33s getting around

I think they're an inch or so low as well

i love this thread.

gtr/gtst fronts are the same bar the valving.

rears are diff.

get gtst and tune the damper, or get the justjap coilovers for stagea, or tein ones :thumbsup:

dont mix and match as it can cause pitching thru corners, ghey.

So I've just crawled under the car, risking caltrop weed to the back and groped my way around

all the struts are the same, and seem to be r33 gtst style

Since the ones coming my way are better than what I have (and a bit lower), I'll be doing the swap.

Seeing as the only price I'm paying for them is a Sunday afternoon and a carton of Corona, when they arrive I'll be taking pics, and posting my report for the betterment of Stagearizers everywhere.

That's a few weeks ahead though, but stay tuned nonetheless - I guess it'll be left til then to determine the success/failure of the job.

EDIT: I don't suppose any of this controversy could have stemmed from engine type? My Stag is the rb25, anyone feeling like groping a Neo and reporting details?

Edited by Oddy man

they should fit but will they work acceptably?

the stagea weighs a fair bit more than a GTS-t roughly 1350kg to 1750kg (give or take). personally i wouldn't do it but then again i have never driven one with GTS-t shocks in so i am just guessing based on what the nissan engineers would have deemed reasonable based on spring rates and weight.

could it affect braking distances if things turn to shit? (interested to hear if someone has more to say on this front).

ultimately your call.

ps. the RS4S (manual) has a fork type on the rear like the R33 GTR just in case anyone reading owns one.

Edited by wolverine

you know what

i bet you 1,000.00

that if you picked 5 random people, that dont do track time

and put them in my car

and put htem in a random car with overly expensive shocks with little collars that you move for height

you wont be able to tell the difference

only diff is mine is stiffer, and handles super duper flat around turns

its al relative, most of you guys talk out of your ass, and on hypotheticals, while im sitting here DOING the stuff you say cant, or shouldnt be done. I dont have problems making apexes, i dont have problems in touge keeping up with other skylines and silvias. When you buy aftermarket suspensions, its stiffer than stock correct? stiffer than the gtr front suspension? YES I build my cars to handle, comfort is ALWAYS a sidenote to that. You cant have a fantastic handling car and be plush...its not possbile

so yeah, if you were putting stock for stock on the car MAYBE it would be an issue, but aftermarket coilovers (i would never buy anything otherwise) its not going to make a lick of difference to the average driver. And if it does, throw the fronts out to get revalved for 200 bucks and call it a day

quit reading your life away, and start doing.

so yeah, if you were putting stock for stock on the car MAYBE it would be an issue

as far as i can tell, this is what he is talking about doing.

you have a strange habit of calling everyone that disagrees with you idiots, stupid or otherwise.

next time someone throws a thread out there maybe it would all save us time if they direct it at you.

but you guys said it wouldnt work

NOT that its undervalved (which i stated) or that they arent for a heavier car

you said it woudlnt work

So yes, i call you that disagree idiots.

I am here, telling you for a fact, not hearsay that it works. You want to know why? I HAVE THEM ON MY CAR. I have r33 shocks on my car. so who are you to tell me it doesnt work, when it obviously does.

Its like the deaf leading the blind.

Im sure if sydneykid came in here and said they fit you would all bow down and kiss his feet.