SAU Community

Installing Turbo Timer

Krazy 32

Its a GREDDY FULL AUTO TIMER...i bought it recently and want to get it installed can anyone on here do it and has time or do i have to go to an audio or auto electrician place??? also how much would you do it for?? or if yous have had them installed before how much did you pay??? cheers guys

• 4 years later...

you can buy these adaptors plug things where u plug it into your ignition barrel and it comes with a universal plug that goes to your turbo timer. so all u need to do is wire the earth and the hand brake wire. i paid 20bucks for mine.

Hi StevenCJR31 - correct me if i am wrong but they are legal as long as they are part of the alarm/emmobiliser and can be shut down upon someone trying to steal/break into the car.. I have this and i passed the pits with it.

Hi StevenCJR31 - correct me if i am wrong but they are legal as long as they are part of the alarm/emmobiliser and can be shut down upon someone trying to steal/break into the car.. I have this and i passed the pits with it.

Hi Lyndon, i asked the legality of TTs a while ago on this forum and was sent a link to the DPI website citing why they werent legal . . .dont quote me on this but it was something to do with leaving the car running while you werent in it (??)anyways whatever the legalities are the TTs arent needed with modern day turbos and as stated above dont fang the car for a few mins before turning it off (F&F style!)and it will be fine

It's a grey area if installed professionally they link it to your handbrake so if it gets put down the car shuts off you can link them into your alarm/ immobilizer but it's a lot of hassle/ extra wiring I do agree on not hammering your car for the last few mins of your drive but it's you car you shouldn't hammer it anyway but in saying that the turbo will not cool down effectively while under load I would rather pay the $50 bucks for a timer than 200- some stupid expensive number for a new turbo and whatever else goes to shit if it goes kaput just my opinion you invest alot in you car time money etc so why not look after it properly

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• He could just take the Bogan Cruise Ships setup... Already got a good setup, with blower, the auto was rebuilt too wasn't it? Perfect time for him to upgrade the tailshaft, diff, and axles...    And wouldn't need to waste money on redoing the Commos seats, as he could just buy race seats for the 5...   As a highly modded car he could avoid the ability to give it away to offspring too when they crash their cars...
    • It's really interesting how much it's moving left to right, and doesn't appear to be actually spreading. For this to be moving left to right, without flaring, means unequal forces being applied until equilibrium hits in one way or another.   Reasons it could be unequal; Piston sizes left to right are different sizes. Only minute differences. Pistons moving on different planes. That is, are they moving directly straight at each other, or slightly out of alignment. The fluid is restricted getting to one side.   Some tests you could do. Pull the bleeders on the left and right, fit each side with pressure gauges. It will allow you to make sure pressure is equal (and really, it should be as fluid flow is so damn low, so fluid flow dynamics shouldn't come into it).   With the calipers off the car, have both sides retracted as far as possible, measure very very accurately (think micrometre) distances between opposing pistons in four different spots per set of pistons. Firstly, on each opposing pistons pair, the measures on for different spots should be equal. If it's not, and especially if one spot appears to actually get closer compared to another, the pistons aren't aligned, and now the forces left to right won't be equal, as they're the forces fighting each other.   You can also pull all the pistons out, and very very accurately measure the diameter of them. If they're not equal left to ight in the pairings, and especially if the area of the pistons on one side is different to the area on the other overall, it'll all be out of whack.   My bet, is shit QC in making sure the pistons move in the same plane left vs right. Some minor out of square machining, and nothing will line up, things will want to move around.  
    • Whilst putting a V8 in a MX5 would be fun, it would negate the whole cheap to run fun daily that the MX5 will be used for If I wanted a faster little convertible I would have got a engine check light, I mean a BMW Z4 M, but going off the issues that the guy at work who recently got one is having, it is lucky I didn't  Meh, horses for courses, the Bogan Cruise Ship is my go to for some horse torques    
    • I reckon give him a few months, LSX swap would be good
    • Mark needs to get bored at work and order things on here...