SAU Community

Possible Joint/forum Group Buy On Coby Extractors

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1) dermy (need details of outlet and coated/uncoated)

2) shane666 2.5" outlet, hp coating

3)

4)

5)

6)

copy and paste the list guys and add yer names to it ...

3) central coast person (Andrew) (details tbc)

4)

5)

6)

ok guys this is perhaps a minor rant, im out in the desert at the mo, sorting this out in the small amount of free time i have.

we have 5 people interested on SO.com of which three have given me details regarding size and whether they want treated or not. we had at lest that number orginally interested in these on here, yet despite repeated requests for a list of what you guys want nothing is forthcoming. (apart fromthe thee above, and one pm to which i have replied)

i cannot get a definative price untill i know who wants what then i can email partsco and start properly sorting this. so unless people actually show interest then autralian half of this is going to fall flat.

however in fairness to those that have bothered to give me details so far i WILL keep you informed and see what i can do ....

Hey Hesh

Didn't realise this thread had started in the N/A section.

I would like to see an established member of the forum taking charge of the Australian side to ensure that everything goes smoothly before I start handing over cash.

Is there additional cost of the HP Coating I'm looking at going 2.5" with my exhaust set up so I'll go with 2.5" Coby's.

4) n dawg (2.5..? uncoated?)

hey there Si,

welcome to the headache i had to put up with - and i organized three of these buys! it's unfortunately the minority that ruin it, the rest are an amazing bunch. this is a group buy people! the discounted price can only be attained if and when the agreed amount of buyers is reached.

some are quick to express into getting you to get organization underway, but when it comes to crunch time (i.e. confirmation and money) they all scamper. some users i have noticed have expressed interest in your GB as they have in the last two buys.

tell you what. i would hate to see this group buy fall through. despite my busy schedule i am willing to be the collector of funds for the australian side purely just to help you guys progress with this GB in the UK. that is if you are happy or wish for me to do so.

however i have some conditions:

1. that you remain the sole contact for the correspondence with partsco and the members (keep me cc'd in on the emails) for simplicities sake and for my sake.

2. since i will be making the international transfer on behalf of the australian buyers i will be hit with an international transfer fee, so please factor that into account as well as fluctuations in exchange rate. i paid an extra $60 out of my own money last time and as much as i love you guys i would like to avoid it if possible.

if any of the Australian buyers have an issue with this. to put your mind at ease, i have organized 3 of these buys before, i am the treasurer and financial member of SAuQLD, a moderator as well as a forum user with a flawless trader rating.

any questions fire away.

Si, PM me if you wish.

cheers

eug

hey there Si,

welcome to the headache i had to put up with - and i organized three of these buys! it's unfortunately the minority that ruin it, the rest are an amazing bunch. this is a group buy people! the discounted price can only be attained if and when the agreed amount of buyers is reached.

some are quick to express into getting you to get organization underway, but when it comes to crunch time (i.e. confirmation and money) they all scamper. some users i have noticed have expressed interest in your GB as they have in the last two buys.

tell you what. i would hate to see this group buy fall through. despite my busy schedule i am willing to be the collector of funds for the australian side purely just to help you guys progress with this GB in the UK. that is if you are happy or wish for me to do so.

however i have some conditions:

1. that you remain the sole contact for the correspondence with partsco and the members (keep me cc'd in on the emails) for simplicities sake and for my sake.

2. since i will be making the international transfer on behalf of the australian buyers i will be hit with an international transfer fee, so please factor that into account as well as fluctuations in exchange rate. i paid an extra $60 out of my own money last time and as much as i love you guys i would like to avoid it if possible.

if any of the Australian buyers have an issue with this. to put your mind at ease, i have organized 3 of these buys before, i am the treasurer and financial member of SAuQLD, a moderator as well as a forum user with a flawless trader rating.

any questions fire away.

Si, PM me if you wish.

cheers

eug

And with that said I can now say yes I'm definitely in! :D

Eug, how was your international transfer fee calculated? Is there a rate they go by? Splitting the charge over the people in the group buy is fair in my opinion..I wouldn't like to see someone else going through all the hassle and headache of organising this just to be slugged with more money out of their own pocket.

My question at the moment is how much does it cost for the HP Coating?

From what I've read so far, HP Coating definitely seems to be the better way to go?

Cheers

Nathan

HP coating is exp£$ive, what ever currency you work in.

Eug, thank you for stepping in to this, i really apreciate it.

I will Pm you with some questions soon regarding how things work with currency etc down there .....the uk side of this is all set with everything taken care of at £210 with the items in my hands. (other deleivery costs are going tobe sorted individually in the uk side)

sooo wqe just need confirmation of the autralian side's details and i can let partsco know what they have and move tothe next stage. 7 days people and i will take the names and details i have at that point ....(thats wed next week the 28th) and forward those orders to partsco for an aussie delivery price.

lets make it work guys ....

hey guys, work has gotten inthe way of my time online of late. so to be fair to all iwont close this untill im back inthe theuk with better facilities. (thats gives people an other week.)

Eug i'll pm you once im back to start hashing out details. etc.

i am really intrested in this buy, im in SA

i got no clue how to go about this but whoever incharge can u please pm me with the details, as i am highly intrested.

also does neone no the benefits from these corbys ?

4) n dawg (2.5..? uncoated?)

5)gr33d

6) dori32 2.5non coated.

with regard to exact prices these will depend on the number that are involved ultimately. so i dont havea definative price as yet as ive not done allthe research required. However have look around on here and youll find the last three coby group buys that Eug sorted out and the prices for them and info onthe benfits of tubular headers can be found there.

as ive alreadt stated guys, im going to be able to sort the details of this and come back to you with a price once im back inthe uk. price will be based on numbers interested, and postage to each individual member in australia...(im getting allthe uk ones sent to me)

so do some reading around guys decide what you want and ill get partsco onthe case.

nope. just tell me what type you want and add your name tothe above list.

little update for you guys. ive heard from all five of my guys in UK, i now have allthe details form that forumand a delivered price to me inthe uk. so this means its only the aussie side that needs sorting out interms of details for delivery etc and final price, then we can colect money and get these ordered.

im back in uk from the 6th next month and will chace partsco on AUS delivery asap.

ok seen as there are now a few wanting more info ill fire off an email to partsco today. imnot back inthe uk for another week, but at least their reply should be waiting for me when i arrive.